RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a 2017 range rover sport diesel. I am seeing these light brown color dots appearing on the car in multiple places. Like the trunk door, on the sides and in the front. So just trying to figure if someone else has seen these and how can it be fixed? Or is this a bigger problem with paint rust and I should take it to dealer. Pictures below.

Thanks for all the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,147 Posts
Looks like rail dust from transporting the vehicle. Pretty common especially on white vehicles. As cars1234 said, using a clay bar and giving a good detail will remove them.

·
Administrator
27,799 Posts
Hotdog has nailed it, picture perfect example of metallic debris/dust that settles on all new cars during land transport from port or during transport from factory to shipping. This dust covers everything, is disturbed when shrink wrapped sections are uncovered and doesn't always get entirely washed off. The tiny little bits of metal will spot after getting wet as they are rusting on the paint surface. There is no damage to the paint and can easily be cleaned off. Any decent cleaning wax will wipe these right off with a little effort. No need for a full detail or clay bar treatment as this is ON the paint, not IN the paint.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have a 2017 range rover sport diesel. I am seeing these light brown color dots appearing on the car in multiple places. Like the trunk door, on the sides and in the front. So just trying to figure if someone else has seen these and how can it be fixed? Or is this a bigger problem with paint rust and I should take it to dealer. Pictures below.

Thanks for all the help.

Go on Amazon and get Iron X. Spray it on and let it sit and watch the debris melt away - it's awesome. They also make Tar X, which is great for bugs and tar. Then use a clay bar, then wax it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go on Amazon and get Iron X. Spray it on and let it sit and watch the debris melt away - it's awesome. They also make Tar X, which is great for bugs and tar. Then use a clay bar, then wax it.
Good stuff going to try this weekend. Thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts