RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have removed the knuckle to replace the half shafts as well as wheel hub and bearings. The round metal ring/cover in the photo is slightly damaged and I can either try and locate a new one or get feedback on if this is something that is actually required and recommended now. The reason I ask if it is recommended is I do not see it in the diagrams, so thought maybe it was not a piece that they were using on designs after mine.

If it is required, what exactly would this be called? Anyone have a part number?

Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 5.39.51 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 5.31.27 PM.jpg

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,953 Posts
^^^ Nice I saw what you did there

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assumed the specific forum was sufficient for model classification. Sorry, this is for a 2007 Range Rover HSE with 4.4 motor.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
If anyone ever bothers to read the stickie's, they'd discover how important it is to put the model year, specs, and your location when posting.
Most with a brain will simply add it to their signature section.
And no, as anyone who did more than 5 minutes of research will tell you, simply putting a question in the correct forum does not make everyone automatically aware of what exact year you are working on. My wife's 2003 has a 4.4 in it like your 2007 does. And that is where any similarities end, seeing as hers was made by BMW, and even though it is the same size, is a completely different engine etc

Martin

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Let's not forget that there are three generations of L322. Each generation is significantly different in many ways. Although diplomacy and tact may occasionally escape Martin, he is dead on. it is absolutely frustrating not to have basic info when trying to help someone. All bets are off and it is a ridiculous guessing game.

As pointed out in the forum guidelines for well over 9 years,
SIGNATURES: Please add your Range Rover's model year, model, and engine info to your signature. This helps provide answers and information specific to your individual Range Rover's technical specification.

LOCATION: It really helps if you add a real location to your profile. Many answers can vary according to your market and regional laws, especially if you are asking a technical or buying related questions.

We really don't ask for this just to hear our keyboards clatter. It is the only way to ensure correct responses to an individuals question. It also saves time so that half a dozen members aren't playing 20 questions because an OP didn't provide bare bones basic info.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Message received gentlemen. Signature added. Garage updated and profile detail already had vehicle information, so I verified again.

Any feedback on the OP and if I can source this from somewhere or if it is actually necessary for a 2007 4.4 HSE located in Greensboro NC?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks to be part: RBD000010 and is very inexpensive so not worth omitting. Hope this helps someone in the future

1 - 8 of 8 Posts