RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I loved both of my 97 4.6 and 2002 Westminster, but you have to keep up the maintenance. The P38 is my favorite RR, it still looks rustic and and ready to go. Unlike the new RR's that looks like everyother SUV.

Find a great P38, with papers and maintenance manual. Buy the $300 truck for parts and spares.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am close to pulling the trigger on a projects P38, but I want to get your opinions first if possible.
1998 4.0SE
130,000 miles (no towing)
No key fob, although works without it.
Front end drivers side smashed so it will need headlight, bumper and bumper cover.
Some broken interior trim pieces. (not bad)
Steering links are shot.
Has been switched to coils
Has a crack in windshield (not crucial for viewing)
Tires are approx 40%
The rest is all to minor to mention.
Besides that, the car seems to be nice
View attachment 284702 View attachment 284703
I don't want to give the price out yet as I would like to hear if you guys can come up with what something like that would be worth.

Thanks All
P38 is the best rover for off roading and suburban driving in my mind way better than an L322 to work on and reasonably priced parts with good availability, not too bad on the highway at speed but the L322 leaves it for dead.
P38 is a great allrounder, if you are handy with spanners and want to work on a project this is a good RR for the money

·
Registered
2008 Range Rover L322 HSE
207 Posts
I had a 96 P38, years ago I was backed into at a gas station and had less damage than what that one has. At the body shop it was close to 3k for repair. New bumper cover and back, new headlight and turn signal, new wiper motor, repair of fender and paint. Body shop did a half ass job and I had to take it back several times to get things better. They really never got it back the way it was. I complained to the owner of the shop and didnt really seem to care. They were supposed to be one of the better shops in town too. I think they were a quantity and not quality shop.

I would look around for a better one. I just sold my 96 for 900 and more recently sold my 00 for 700

21 - 26 of 26 Posts