RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month ago, towards the end of an 8 hour drive in the heat, the AC started making a whining noise, and the fan became very weak and wouldn’t increase to high speed. The actual air coming out was still very cold however.

Since then, the fan has worked perfectly at all speeds, and the AC continues to blow ice cold. However, there’s a whining noise which appears to be coming from the glovebox area. When I switch it to econ mode, or set it to blow out of different vents, it disappears for a moment then comes back. It seems louder when the glovebox is open, and is coming from the passenger side of the car.

I made a video where I move the phone around the car, put it in the open glovebox etc etc in case anyone has heard this before and can tell me for definite what it is.

https://youtu.be/uu8yqHySyKc

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
517 Posts
not sure but that sounds more like something in the duct causing a whistling noise. See if the noise changes when you set the air to come out at the feet or face or windshield. It is definitely related to the speed of the fan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure but that sounds more like something in the duct causing a whistling noise. See if the noise changes when you set the air to come out at the feet or face or windshield. It is definitely related to the speed of the fan.
I assumed it wasn’t the duct as it only disappears for a second when I switch ducts and the noise is the same on all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to update this, I greased the motor and changed the pollen filter, and that fixed it. It’s been fine for months now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts