Range Rovers Forum banner

Is there some way to make the turn signals quieter?

23K views 29 replies 23 participants last post by  amm 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Was the engineer who chose the turn indicator sound on the 2018 deaf or in love with the sound made by buses when they hit the turn indicator? It is so loud!
I am ready to stuff socks in the dash.
When I am on the phone when driving the person on the other end always asks what is that noise when i signal to turn.

#4 ·
Mine don't seem to any more load than normal. My sprinter van is kind of loud.

You could always get a MB. They make you pay extra for turn signals so you could just get a vehicle from them. :)

#6 ·
Lol or drive with the windows down. It amazes me the amount of people who drive with their windows up when it is mid 70's - 80's around these parts.

#9 ·
I had the same reaction as Railbasher when I first drove my 2018 RRS. It reminds me of the turn signal sound from the buses in grade school. It is somewhat annoying so I tend to use the soft push for a few blinks instead when appropriate.

#12 ·
Let's face it and look at a basic fact. There has not been a mechanical flasher in a Range Rover since Classics ended in 1995. There is nothing clicking under the dash or in any fuse box. It is a computer generated signal through a speaker to remind you that a blinker is on. You either find the location of the signal speaker that clicks for the flashers, beeps when you leave your key in the ignition, when a door is ajar, hatch is open etc.... and disconnect it or stick some foam padding over it if it is really that annoying. It would be much more safe to mufflle it's dramatic horror movie screams with a pillow than to miss out on important beeps warning you of overheat, low fuel or no oil pressure... etc.

#14 ·
I agree - people have even commented on how quiet it was, compared to other cars. I remember thinking that I liked how low it was on my 2006 and it's the same now.

#15 ·
I can add exactly the same experience. My first RRS (L320) had a smooth and very silent turn signal, especially compared to my other Cars like BMW and VW.
The RRS2 is still OK but not the same smooth turn signal as the former series.

I did not drive the facelift version, but regarding the feedback here, this is annoying.
Did somebody ask JLR direct about this? Think it’s easy for them to change this with an update...

Best René

#16 ·
I have the opposite problem my 2016 Sport is too quiet, I can’t hear the ticking above 50 MPH. I do have a hearing problem and use two hearing aids. My wife’s BMW X3 is great I have no problem with that.
In the past on other vehicles I have connected a small sounder across the relay coil. But on the discovery it’s a major job to find the relay, I can’t even find the direction indicator fuse.
Despair Nick

#28 ·
Does noise reduction happen in both BT -and- CarPlay?

I had a vehicle (different brand) which turn signal was BARELY audible to me but my far end party would always say OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT because the Bluetooth microphone was in my rearview mirror... facing the windshield... huge reflecting dish for little dash sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#26 ·
So, 25 posts in and the question is basically, "no" there's no inherent computer command to adjust the volume. No, sorry, no. Thank you. Saves me time from pouring thru a 400+ page manual. For the record, when you're 71 and served in the Field Artillery, and wear hearing aids, the sound is too low. I dislike that look when people drive by giving me the 1 finger Jersey Salute for having it on too long. Don't want to look like a Florida blue hair driving for 6 miles in the fast lane doing 50 in a 65 and now knowing this is the moment when she really is gonna move over. Since I can't synch my bluetooth hearing aids with the car's Bluetooth, it crossed we all must bear, like Goldilocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.