RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Is there some sort of update for the MK3 navigation unit available? Mine hasn't been updated, well ever... Mine is a really ugly greenish screen with black/gray writing. I was just looking at another thread and it said "Original Nav Unit Main Menu" and had the following picture:

I'll try to get a picture of mine, but is there any sort of firmware update or anything for the MK3 nav units?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Kudu,

Short answer - no!

Despite the fact that BMW did quite a few updates for their MK3 if you try to upload them to the Land Rover MK3 it bricks it and becomes useful as a paperweight.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Well, there were a couple different official land rover versions, but it is unlikely that yours would be badly outdated if it has been serviced at the dealer while it was under warranty. I think the last version they released was 3-1/32. Mine says 3-1/31 but I'm afraid of bricking it with an update, and since I don't have any problems with it, I'm just leaving it as is. If it isn't broken, don't fix it, AFAIK there is no new functionality, so I don't know what would be updated if I were to try 3-1/32.

If you really want an update, I'd advise getting an MK4 unit, and then selling the MK3, you could probably do that for a net price of around $200-$300 depending on what you pay for the MK4 and if there is nothing wrong with your MK3. You do lose the off-road navigation, but frankly, for off road, there are FAR better solutions. I like to use my handheld Garmin device which has nice high resolution topographical maps, a real barometric altimeter, etc. Way more useful than the crappy mk3 maps.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
144 Posts
the v32 iso out there can be applied to the mk3 - however as far as i saw on mine it did not do anything to the colors on mine. This is the same update CD used to update the MKIV .

However that being said - i am unsure risking blowing up your mk3 for the small update is worth it when you can sell your MK3 on ebay for about 250.00 and then buy a used MKIV on ebay for 550 or so with the latest software. Or buy a good garmin - i only updated mine to the MKIV to ge the nice features it enables for the intravee ii.

I do know where to get the iso, but if you want it - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. PM me if interested. Or search google.

JH

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
211 Posts
DIdnt want to open a new thread so I thought I'd just ask under this one. I just installed a MKIV. Dont see much difference and I contacted the ebayer I bought it from to see if it has the lastest firm ware because I dont see 3D(BMW DVD Map 65 90 2 147 669). One thing I want to know and it can be a deal breaker is, Is the display always going to say "BMW" when I open the door? lol I think I'll go back to MKIII if thats the case.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
3d perspective mode is a hidden menu option. If you want to turn it on select "settings", then press and hold the MENU button for 8 seconds. Using the scroll button scroll down to Perspective and turn it on. If you want to get rid of the BMW logo, then you'll have to mod the firmware.

If you want to go back to MKIII then I'll take your MKIV :pray:

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
211 Posts
Thanks. So can I have the land rover logo back at start up? I'll let you know about the nav!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts