1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I own a Range Rover Vogue 4.6 2000my.

It has the HK Alpine stereo system with cassette and 6 stack cd changer.

Is there a plug in compatible stereo system that will literally allow me to remove my current head unit and replace it with a more modern and iPod/MP3 player capable head unit? One that will plug in to the current HK dsp cabling? Preferably with the dsp facility.

I would like to be able to use the steering wheel controls for the iPod, but that is not critical.

I would prefer to keep and optionally use the cd stacker, but that is not an absolute necessity.

Any extra features will be a bonus.

I have seen the various cables and adapters for such stereo modifications and would like to avoid those if possible, opting for a head unit that does just "plug in".

Thank you...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I think the short answer is no.

However, you have an advantage over HSE owners in that you Vogue set up is compatible with a Parrot hands free system.

I had an MKi 9100 wired in and it allows USB, 3.5 mm jack and iPod control connections, together with answering the phone.

It's not the perfect answer, but well worth a look.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If you find an elegant way of doing it, please say!

I'd like to do the same, eventually, but don't want to lose the steering controls .....

Cheers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
SpiggyTopes said:
If you find an elegant way of doing it, please say!

I'd like to do the same, eventually, but don't want to lose the steering controls .....

Cheers.

How handy are you? I just replaced the radio in my 96 with a after market replacement. There is a diagram on this site on how to make an attenuator that works with the radio. I made the circuit and now my radio works flawlessly with stock amps in the car. There is also a way to hook up the steering wheel controls to control the headunit but i havent wired it yet.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
How handy are you?
Very handy :) I could fit almost anything available :) but I would have preferred a plug in replacement that retained all of (or added to) the original audio capabilities.
I just replaced the radio in my 96 with a after market replacement.
Having done that in a previous Range Rover and numerous other vehicles I feel less inclined to do it again. I have too much "other stuff" to do or enjoy than changing audio :) - but if there is a diagram I might consider it.
There is a diagram on this site on how to make an attenuator that works with the radio.
A link to the diagram would be good :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts