RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear driver side window was broken in a smash and grab in my fully loaded 2018 RR LWB. Door was locked, alarm on. The thief never opened the door but still managed to grab everything they could. The alarm never went off. Any suggestions other than "don't leave anything visible, ever?"

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi your car should have motion detection in your car do you touch the door handle twice when you lock your car ?
This turns on global locking mode and your car should have interior motion sensing. plus they can now not open the doors from inside your car if they break your window and try and open the car door using the interior door handles. w
when you touch the door lock twice you will hear an audible beep telling you your car is in global lock mode.
You can just push your remote button twice for the same result.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I knew about the internal locking feature but not the motion sensing. I'll test it out with a buddy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The rear driver side window was broken in a smash and grab in my fully loaded 2018 RR LWB. Door was locked, alarm on. The thief never opened the door but still managed to grab everything they could. The alarm never went off. Any suggestions other than "don't leave anything visible, ever?"
Sorry to hear that.
+ 1 on the global lock mode
i believe it has motion sensors as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts