RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lunar/black interior on my RRS.

I thought it would look better w/ a lunar color drivers (steering wheel) airbag however didn't seem to find the part offered in Lunar. Mine is black ie Ebony in Rover colors.

Then I watched a video and sure enough, they do exist. See picture of a screenshot. Drivers airbag, leather, lunar ... !!

Anyone know where I can find this part from Rover ? Looks like in North America parts sources they are in a bunch of colors, but no lunar.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I'm pretty well versed in this as I went through this process to get a pimento leather cover for my non-extended leather vehicle.

You can only get airbag covers from LRNA as part of a new airbag which makes it pricey. Also you cannot order it from online sources as it's illegal to ship "explosive" devices. From experience dealers really don't want to mess with this at all due to liability and concern for injury to the service employees.

So first problem is sourcing the part, second is getting it installed.

I found a company in Europe on ebay that somehow had the leather airbag cover shells only without the airbag module. I ordered one which solved the first problem. The second problem was how to install. Before ordering I contacted the dealer who said no thanks, so then contacted the local LR-approved body shop who was game. Ended up costing a few hundred for the part (versus $1000 or so for the airbag module if you can find a dealer willing to order for you) and $300 for the installation at the body shop.

Was it worth it? To me yes because having the leather airbag cover makes a huge difference. Good luck!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes, the Lunar Airbag exists, I made the Change 2 Years ago... ;-)

Ordered it direct at LR and they made the Change. It was expensive (1.100 EUR), but I did not want to mess at such a sensitive safety Feature...

Best
René

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah yes, I am willing to buy the entire airbag (known that just replacing the cover isn't always possible, and that's fine). What I - and my dealer - can't find is the L494 or L405 part number for the airbag unit in Lunar color (w/ premium leather). Renaco by any chance do you have the invoice with part #?

That said Hodog16 - where'd you buy just the cover from ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sorry, I didn´t Keep the invoice.
I am sure a good dealer can find the part number foryou, it´s an easy Job for a good value for them... ;-)
Best René

1 - 6 of 6 Posts