RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can't compare it to prior years, but I have been told by people at the other end that the quality is terrific and they can hear the driver and the passenger equally well. The audio quality on my end is very good. I don't know if the prior year's setup integrated the phone's directory, but it's a terrific feature. FWIW, I use an iPhone.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope not the phone. happens with 3 different motorolas and 4 diffrerent blackberries.
i remember seening other posts about the poor quality of the BT so maybe its sporadic

·
Registered
121 Posts
adara said:
Surely it must be the phone? In mine the bluetooth works OK!
I have a blackberry and had motorola prior and with both i hear the crackling sound at the beginning of a call in both 06 Rovers that I've had. Never have had an issue in my 06 RRS though. Hmmm

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Like a static "thump" when the phone first connects? I used to get that too with my old Blackberry, but since switching to the Droid the static is gone... It must be due to differences in the phones' various implementation of Bluetooth. Other than that my connections have always been crystal clear, though (2006 RRS.)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
happened in my 06 RR sport also.
basically in cracks and whines, and the person on the other end says it sounds like being in a wind tunnel.
i may put a parrot in and sidestep the entire thing. wld be bummed out if the new model is just as bad.

·
Registered
74 Posts
ttforcefed said:
happened in my 06 RR sport also.
basically in cracks and whines, and the person on the other end says it sounds like being in a wind tunnel.
i may put a parrot in and sidestep the entire thing. wld be bummed out if the new model is just as bad.
I have to second everything "ttforcefed" has said throughout this thead. I have had same experiences with multiple phones (blackberry, iphone, motorola) and continuously have people mention the "wind tunnel" effect. Sure hope the 2010 is better.

Regarding differences between phones...the bluetooth "stack" as it's called can be written differently and does vary from phone to phone. But, that affects the way the phone talks to the car and would in no way be related to the "wind tunnel" effect referenced here and in other threads. That, latter, effect is something on the vehicle's end to best of my understanding.

-Matt

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
matt i know a lot of RR owners up here in the NYC area who also have the same issue. We all goto different dealers and none have been able to provide a solution...there has to be a way we can figure this out.

the camera on the RR sucks too...i hate comparing to my jeep but the jeep is so much better in those 2 areas!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
in case anyone comes across this thread in a search, the 2010+ Bluetooth and rear camera are significant improvements for 06 to 09 RR HSEs.
there are other thread with specific part numbers etc

·
Banned
901 Posts
yeah the BT is better, and the head unit signal processing is as well. You can drop in the upgraded BT from 10+ in a 06-09.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"head unit signal processing is as well"

Is this part of the BT upgrade or are you referring to something else?

·
Banned
901 Posts
so 2010+ basically get cleaner audio signal from the source, headunit. in regards to your other thread.

in the back things like (sat radio?) bt and rear view camera were upgraded and i think both have been retrofitted. the bt module is plug and play i believe if anyone is having an issue i would consider upgrading the bt to later l322 years.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol I think im confused now. my interface on the headunit did change when im in the telephone setting - assuming that's what u mean

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
I have a good friend with a 15 Autobiography and when he calls me on BT the phone connection sounds terrible...guy si work with call me from their newer model Chevy/GMC pickups and sound 3 times clearer.

-John
'07 RRSC

·
Registered
84 Posts
I rarely use my BT however when I do people have told me it sounded like garbage. For only a couple $$ I may as well do the swap. I had no idea you could just swap the modules for such an improvement.

I have a good friend with a 15 Autobiography and when he calls me on BT the phone connection sounds terrible...guy si work with call me from their newer model Chevy/GMC pickups and sound 3 times clearer.

-John
'07 RRSC
I had a Ford Explorer rental a few weeks back. Technology wise, it put my truck to shame. Fortunately it still drove like a Ford Explorer so I felt a little better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts