RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had 2011 RR and 2012 RRS, and neith actually show the speed in electronic format, just manual old way of seeing on speedometer. I like just looking and seeing speed displayed by number. Does anyone know of the 2014 L405 does this??

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes, the 2014 model shows it both digitally as a number and via the traditional analog speedometer dial (at least the rendering thereof on a digital TFT screen).

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the 2014 model shows it both digitally as a number and via the traditional analog speedometer dial (at least the rendering thereof on a digital TFT screen).
Perfect--thank you! I don't know why they never did this before, but think I can go ahead and order my SC now :dance:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have had 2011 RR and 2012 RRS, and neith actually show the speed in electronic format, just manual old way of seeing on speedometer. I like just looking and seeing speed displayed by number. Does anyone know of the 2014 L405 does this??
Here you go......

photo-9.jpg

·
Registered
235 Posts
Perfect--thank you! I don't know why they never did this before, but think I can go ahead and order my SC now :dance:
Ha! Purchase was contingent upon digital readout of speedometer or not? I held off my purchase until I was 100% certain that Nav system screen was 5 1/4" vs 5 1/8"!

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well actually, not 100% but pretty close. It's just stupid that they wouldn't do that. Drove me CRAZY on my 2012, so yes, i want that readout. In classic RR style, it is tiny--why? Anyways, some is better than none.

I buy 1 sometimes 2 new cars per year, so yes, little things like this can be be a deal breaker. Espcially with ll of the problems I had with my 2012.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
I don't know why they never did this before.
Actually "they" did. Digital readout has been available for a few years, just not on NAS rigs. On older models you can purchase the GAP diagnostic gear for all of your troubleshooting needs AND activate the digital speedo on NAS rigs.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It should have been 'standard' IMHO. Why buy after market items for something that is common on almost every other SUV.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
It WAS standard on ROW rigs. This is not a LR thing, it is a NTSB or whatever fed agency that had to approve the LR use of digital read outs/dual gauging in the US. Just like shift interlocks, nav while in motion, split screen monitors etc. ROW rigs get many mor etoys than us in the NAS market.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts