RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 LWB US spec. The color is Brooklands Green and the interior is a very light beige...almost ivory. Pics can be seen on my restoration blog at lwbdriver.blogspot.com . The wheels seem a bit more upscale than normal, as well. It has no badges on the tailgate, so they were probably removed at some point. I tried running the VIN without any success other than generic information. Can anyone tell me if my color combination along with the wheels mean that it is any kind of special edition or something? Thanks!!

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
The last photo on your page is a "Brooklands" edition or a rig that has had the Brooklands or aftermarket kit fitted to.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is. That isn't my truck...just what I hope it ends up being some day. Same color, though.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
8 Posts
Sorry to jump on your thread but I have a similar question, my Vogue SE is also badged as a 'Merlin' this is not an add on as its under the lacquer. I wondered if it was a garage promo or similar, any ideas ?

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
I have a 94 LWB US spec. The color is Brooklands Green and the interior is a very light beige...almost ivory. Pics can be seen on my restoration blog at lwbdriver.blogspot.com . The wheels seem a bit more upscale than normal, as well. It has no badges on the tailgate, so they were probably removed at some point. I tried running the VIN without any success other than generic information. Can anyone tell me if my color combination along with the wheels mean that it is any kind of special edition or something? Thanks!!
It appears to be just a standard Vogue LSE.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Sorry to jump on your thread but I have a similar question, my Vogue SE is also badged as a 'Merlin' this is not an add on as its under the lacquer. I wondered if it was a garage promo or similar, any ideas ?
Not aware of any limited addition with that name. There is aftermarket Rover parts with that name, also some dealers.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
If badging is "under the laquer" then it is most likely an add on that was oversprayed by a crappy paint tech. That is usually a sign of shoddy body work and a lazy shop. Proper badging is always on top of any paint and/or clear coat. I am not saying 100%. I mean there are certainly one offs, limited market editions and regional editions that we haven't heard about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts