Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm new to RR world and trying to hard wire a dashcam into the passenger side fuse box.

I need a constant fuse and an ACC. I found one constant which is empty (#48). The manual doesn't say anything, just a blank row in that fuse but it is getting power so wondering if there's any harm tapping into it? I'd use this one for the constant the the cig lighter for the ACC.

I've seen a bunch of hardwire threads but couldn't find the answer to this. Even though the manual doesn't have anything, the diagram behind the glove compartment has 5A under the 48 empty slot. Does it mean I can only use a 5A fuse?

Thanks in advance
Giuliano

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joe! Just order a pair of those but I read that an unused fuse slot might be connected to something else (even if empty) hence my concern but I think I'll just give it a go.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
30 Posts
I used a piggyback kit and took a permanent feed from the passenger seat fuse

·
Registered
2015 RRS HSE DYNAMIC SDV8 4.4L L494
40 Posts
I also used the piggy tail and just put in place of the ignition feed and a constant feed. I can't Remember which one it was but one was to the outter edge of box and the other was the other side near a relay.

I used a multimeter to check which had power when key on and off, just be careful that you wait a few minutes after key off as some circuits are still powered and will switch off on timer thanks to ECM.

I ran my wiring up the pillar and tucked nicely in the headliner, the hard part was running it towards the rear and finding a way through the tailgate, but its molded 1 pc, so had the wire come through the headliner and loosely hanging.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I piggybacked onto a fuse that shuts down when both the power button/ignition are turned off and the drivers side door is opened thus making sure the dash cam doesn't stay on/powered when you aren't operating the vehicle. I tapped into the power windows fuse on my last vehicle, no problem... YMMV...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts