RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes it sounds weird.
But since my customer vehicles wiring is out of order, we can't unlock in situ.

Can i unlock it on my P38, it's the same connector.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well. It seems to work.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
you mean unplug classic eas ecu and plug it into p38 then mess about with eas software......I did notice different part numbers...

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
viperover said:
you mean unplug classic eas ecu and plug it into p38 then mess about with eas software......I did notice different part numbers...
Exactly and it works. I'd read faults and unlocked it on the P38, then plugged it back in the Classic

·
Registered
536 Posts
As far as i'm aware it's only software changes, for example pre-selecting the access settings etc. I picked up a 96 model easecu off ebay and have got it in my 93.

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
benji said:
As far as i'm aware it's only software changes, for example pre-selecting the access settings etc. I picked up a 96 model easecu off ebay and have got it in my 93.
If you've done that, then probably all/most of the warning lights associated with the EAS will be non functional on your Classic. Check out the link I posted just above and you can see the pinouts of the EAS ECU do differ Mk2 to Mk3 (but the changes are primarily associated with the warning lights). I would not recommend operating like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts