RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Mine decided to give me a misfire today... roughly a week after I fixed the a/c drain leak... awesome. Hopefully it's a simple one.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Passenger side footwell is wet..... :roll:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
New radiator went in today, O rings tomorrow.

Discovered there's a slow leak in the rear bags - takes two or three days of sitting at the top setting to notice - might not bother!

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
TheBoss said:
Discovered there's a slow leak in the rear bags - takes two or three days of sitting at the top setting to notice - might not bother!
Bother now while it is a cheap fix or you will end up replacing your compressor as well as bags.

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,115 Posts
Replacing passenger side ball joints this evening. The lower one started turning free in the axle yoke after tightening the new ones back in.... aarrrgh! Couldn't press the lower one in or out without removing the upper one again, risking loosening the press fit of that joint too. Nats!

Two more hours, a hydraulic powerpack, jacks, an old machining trick, and the lower joint's pressed in tight. All secure.

I'm enjoying the feeling of overcoming a big problem... yet again. Seems even the repairs have a "flirtin' with disaster" flavor to them.

It's a sickness.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Headlight wipers not sure what your talking about... :think:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
What did you do Scotty?

Take them off and sell them?

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
I got the "key in ignition" warning today while holding the key in front of my face to make sure I actually did have it out of the ignition. :doh: I love this piece of sh*t. The good news is it means my door switch is working for the first time in a few months, so that's nice.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The O-Rings are done.

Didn't have heat there for a few minutes - but it's working now. Is it possible to trap air in the matrix?

And why is it that if your unplug & remove the radio you don't need to reset it - but if you disconnect the battery you do? Doesn't sound like a theft deterrent to me?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
I have never been a big fan of the headlight wipers so I removed the wiper arm and motors, then the fun began. Since I had several of the headlight trim pieces I took mine off put them away and begun to cut and plastic weld a set with out holes. The photo doesn't do it justice. They are perfect! 8-|=
I'm sure you will all love this. It took me three hours to make each headlight piece. I have the parts books I can tell you what part went on your p38 from 95-2002
I can tell you what part went with what vin. number and the year it changed.
So while drinking a cold one, the night I completed this wonderful task, I was looking through the parts book and there it was, a fricken plug for the hole!!! :doh: :oops:

Thanks for reading

Scotty

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Scotty,
While having that cold one, did you by chance PUT A F'IN BUMPER ON?????? :lol:

Martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
uhhhhh :oops:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Scotty said:
Figured.... :lol:
Sheesh, I got home Wednesday evening and did a timing belt job, 16 valves, and so on. Then put new bushings on my big rigs 5th wheel, welded some brackets, welded the patio table, and probably 20 other things too.....Not to make you feel guilty or anything mate :thumb:

Martin

·
Registered
640 Posts
Scotty said:
So while drinking a cold one, the night I completed this wonderful task, I was looking through the parts book and there it was, a fricken plug for the hole!!!
Ha Ha should have used "Search" :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34073#p263240

Cheers

·
Registered
407 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Replaced the starter 2 weekends ago, drove it last night and half of the HVAC lights are out! :roll:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts