RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some cars are good for 49 states and some car companies make their car good for 40 state smog emissions.
I am looking to buy an out of state 2010 RRS and get it registered at CA, Unfortunatly CA has some strict emission rules and they want to see an emission sticket on the car stating good for 50 states or this car exceeds CA emission standarts type of thing,

So can you please let me know if it is a good idea to bring an out of state RRS to CA

I just signed up to ask this question and hopefully will be on here more often after the purchase (why out of state, I like the car, and its 5-6k chepaer than CA cars)

Thanks in advance

Kaan

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I have bought a couple of Jaguars from out of State and brought them to California, I couldn't imagine Land Rover exporting Vehicles to the US to be restricted to only a few States.
verify with the seller that your RRS has the sticker, DMV will physically verify it on the Car. You have, I think, 20 Days to register it in CA. You have to pay the sales Tax, registration etc. approx 11% of the value of the Car.

Read more: How to Read a VIN Number on a Range Rover Sport | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4896940_read-number-range-rover-sport.html#ixzz2K0LMswcv

1 - 2 of 2 Posts