RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating, with myself, whether its worth the extra money for a new RR with it's fancy, yet glitchy, system or a used 2017. According to LR's marketing of the new RR, they touted the 18+ has a even quieter interior. For those that have had previous RR and new RR, do you find the new interior quieter than the old?

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
The '18 system is hardly glitchy any more, it's just Land Rover. The '17s are no better or worse.
The '18 interior is significantly more quiet, largely due to the thicker windows. You can whisper to your passenger at 50mph and they will hear you easy. It's actually absolutely remarkable.
Except for the turn signals. They wake me up from the Range Rover serenity every time I use them, because they are actually louder than they used to be.
I went from my '17 to the '18 and the first wow was the quietness inside.

·
Registered
623 Posts
well, he's right.... got to give back my '17 bc of glitches and the '18 is right up there with my '17. just my experience. the seats don't hold their setting, the cameras don't always work or come on in reverse and my screens black out and the top one movies in and out. also cant select individual venting - setting won't hold.... But it is much quieter - amazingly so. And the interior lighting is cool. Good one on the blinkers too - never even noticed how loud they were until I rode a 18 land cruiser last week and theirs were like no noise at all - actually I thought that by law they were required to make a little noise but theirs were practically silent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts