RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ir headphones for range rover sport rear entertainment system

I have a 2008 range rover sport LE I believe the Ir headphone option only works with the RR. Does anyone have any suggestions to get this option in the RRS. I purchased some IR headphones that came in today but when i tested them they didnt work thats when i got out the manual and seen the RR only IR headphones message. If i where to get the IR transmitter that matches the headphones would it work

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,757 Posts
Re: Ir headphones for range rover sport rear entertainment system

It would help if we knew year and model of your Sport adn if your system is factory or aftermarket.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts

The factory RSES accepts wired headphones only on the Sport, through the 3.5 mm jack found on each rear door (that's up to MY2011, I believe MY2012 has been updated with a new rear seat entertainment system with fancy touchscreen remote and wireless 'phones.) Only the Range Rover offered wireless headphones for its otherwise very similar RSES prior to MY2012.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks I wonder if I have an after market ir transmitter installed would it work

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks I wonder if I have an after market ir transmitter installed would it work
Just picked up an 06 RRS and ran into the same thing. Did you ever find anything aftermarket that would allow the RSE to work with wireless headphones?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Just picked up an 06 RRS and ran into the same thing. Did you ever find anything aftermarket that would allow the RSE to work with wireless headphones?
Nothing thus far

1 - 7 of 7 Posts