RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Autobiography and the ipod is failing - large thumb drives will not fit as they are too long in the small console space, when I used a extender cable it did not recognize the device and I am exploring using the line in in the back to my modern device that has a line level out -

Does anyone know if the jack is 3.5 in the back and if it accepts line level as opposed to the headphone out on the player.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
184 Posts
The jack is indeed 3.5mm in the back. That's actually how I hook up my phone. I have my old iPod in the center console, and the audio jack for my phone goes to the back.

As far as I've read, people have had good experiences wit the Bovee unit. I'll probably try that at some point.

Ideally, I'd like to try this option just for the Apple Car Play: Apple CarPlay in 2006 - 2009 HSE? Can it finally be true?.

When the time comes, I'll take that "gamble" (since I haven't seen any feedback for the 2010-2012 models). At the moment, I'm just very happy with what I currently have, the rover has other items that take priority and I have other temperamental cars that suck my wallet dry, so I just can't justify getting that system right now. Good luck.

PS....pix of the autobiography! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2011 Supercharged and went with the Bovee unit. It does not work with Carplay but it does offer a way to play your music from an iPod or iPhone. Mine works seamlessly.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have a 2011 Supercharged and went with the Bovee unit. It does not work with Carplay but it does offer a way to play your music from an iPod or iPhone. Mine works seamlessly.
THE BOVEE !!! That's the way to go. The thumb drive is a bit of a PITA and Aux is a sad third.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Another vote for the Bovee here.

Have 1 in each of the MY12s.

EDIT: i had some comments in the other thread about NavTool. Stay far away, horrible product. On MY10-MY12 it disables certain things when you activate it via the defroster button. I had it on a MY06 and it worked but was a horrible install (hence why people only do it on MY07-MY09).

Honestly there are better Android based car control units these days for our vehicles that retain most all the factory features.

Otherwise for simplicity and cost: Bovee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses

From what I read on the Bovee - it is normal bluetooth , not even the newer MUCH better versions (APTX)

I was hoping to have audiophile sound in my VERY expensive vehicle - I ordered a 3.5 cable to connect to my Astell and Kern KANN which is a high end audio player - I will report in.

Ideally you would get RCA in to the head unit so you can have a nice player creating the magic. Too bad LR did not go with Mark Levinson like Lexus - HK is kind of like Bose - HIGHLY overrated.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks for the responses

From what I read on the Bovee - it is normal bluetooth , not even the newer MUCH better versions (APTX)

I was hoping to have audiophile sound in my VERY expensive vehicle - I ordered a 3.5 cable to connect to my Astell and Kern KANN which is a high end audio player - I will report in.

Ideally you would get RCA in to the head unit so you can have a nice player creating the magic. Too bad LR did not go with Mark Levinson like Lexus - HK is kind of like Bose - HIGHLY overrated.
You could still do this via an audio interface kit. It has a DAC which bridges onto the fiber most system, but you'd lose the CD changer. It's similiar to the old ipod integration kit for the MY07-MY09. EDIT: NavTV. It does have dual RCA inputs and the MOST output.

NavTV (NOT the same as Navtool)

StreamBlue

MOSTAux

1 - 8 of 8 Posts