RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any reason to believe that the ACM kit will not work on a 2006 (other than because Land Rover says it is for 2007-2009 only)? Sounds like two other members have installed it successfully. However, every dealer I talk to says it will not or is highly skeptical that it will integrate.

I am inclined to buy the kit and put it in--just want to be sure it will integrate without any major issues. If I cannot, I will go with a NAV TV module.

Advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Lance

99 4.6 HSE
2006 MK HSE

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
305 Posts
I'd say the main reason it won't work on '06 w/o RSE is because they don't have aux inputs and the oem acm ipod integration goes through the aux channel. Trust me, I had it on my sport & was going to just swap out, but no cigar.

good luck though.

let us know if you found a work-a-round.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just did mine 5 month ago, 2006 RR, I think the main issue here, 07-on RR the radio module is behind the glove box. 06 RR the radio module behind the touch screen.

SO, this kit was design to fit RR with radio module behind the glove box.

if you are alittle handy you can do it and it will work just fine, but you will not get the AUX feature on the touch screen.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
29 Posts
eomran said:
I just did mine 5 month ago, 2006 RR, I think the main issue here, 07-on RR the radio module is behind the glove box. 06 RR the radio module behind the touch screen.

SO, this kit was design to fit RR with radio module behind the glove box.

if you are alittle handy you can do it and it will work just fine, but you will not get the AUX feature on the touch screen.
Can you elaborate on what you mean about the aux connecter? Any pics of the on screen display with the iPod connected?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
07-on range rover there is a screen box says AUX, you do not get that on 06 RR when you connect th ACM. I d not have any pictures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts