RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I bought a used 06 SC here in Switzerland. (2007 are still very expensive here)

Now,Id like to install an ipod. I found the kit from LR but it says only 2007 +

read a lot over here. Some say I have to dissasemble the whole dash others say the audio module is diffrent 2006 /2007 (and the ipod module wouldnt work)

Can anyone point me to the right direction?

thanks

Phil

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I dont have RSE. Why loose my CD-Changer?

I think about the RR ACM Kit but I dont know what kind of changes they did from 2006 to 2007.

I just need to know if when its fitted which semms to be a bit complicated would work in my car.

Dont feel like buying this kit and find out it doesnt work :?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just had the RR ACM fitted and it works ok!

There is also a switch (located in the glovebox) so you can choose between CD changer or Ipod. Only thing is you have to switch off the engine to activate the switch. So, yes, the RR ACM works with the MY06 S/C!

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
67 Posts
Ok, I asked a similar question on this board and someone suggested this as an option, so can someone tell what an RR ACM is and what will it and wont it do?

·
Registered
13 Posts
journeyman said:
Ok, I asked a similar question on this board and someone suggested this as an option, so can someone tell what an RR ACM is and what will it and wont it do?
The ACM Audio Connectivity Module, supplied by LR enables us to play and charge the IPod in our Range Rovers- touchscreen MY06 onwards!
It will give you pretty decent sound quality and you can also use your CD changer too when u are not using your Ipod.

What won't it do......?

i'm still trying to work out all the functions. You can create 6 playlist and choose which playlist u want to listen to. Apart from choosing the playlist, it does not seem to allow you to choose song titles or albums. Well, I have not figured out how to do that yet.

Overall, its a good product but no where as good as in say a BMW or Mercedes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx mercuryf1 that's what I wanted to hear. Did a technician fit your ACM or have you done that by yourself?

I know the Ipod controll is pretty decent,but it also gives you an AUX port.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hugi91 said:
thx mercuryf1 that's what I wanted to hear. Did a technician fit your ACM or have you done that by yourself?

I know the Ipod controll is pretty decent,but it also gives you an AUX port.
i took it to a car audio shop and they installed it in within an hour.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts