RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new over here...just bought a 2010 TDV8 vogue, lovely car, really enjoying it.
Just one small hitch at the moment, and that is that my Ipod does not seem to want to play. I got the cable with the car & connect the ipod in the centre armrest, Ipod says connected, and the car system goes through a 'connecting to ipod' message but then just comes up with 'device error'
I have tried now with 3 differant ipods & each time the same thing....thought I would ask here first before going into the dealers in case I am missing something obvious!
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Picked up an 09 (2010 spec) last weekend. You should indeed just be able to connect up. The lead won't charge but should play. One tip when you finally get it working, is set up a Playlist with a limited selection of tracks. To scroll through 2000+ songs takes forever. This way its much faster.

Sounds like you've a trip to the dealers coming on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, nice to know I havent missed anything obvious. I have to disagree though about the charging, It does charge my ipod up ok, you can see the thunderbolt charging icon on the screen of the ipod, so connection is there, just got to suss why its giving a device error

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a similar problem with the USB flash drive, but not with the iPod. At least with respect to the flash drive, the stupid "device error" message didn't mean the "device", it meant that the type of files on the flash drive could not be read. So, iPod music files could be read from the iPod but not, for some reason, from the USB drive and I had to convert them all to mp3 to get it to work. For what it's worth. Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same "device error" message with any iPhone (4 and 5 models) and iPods on my 2010 Vogue, both on the "iPod" and the "USB" connections. In both cases the devices would charge though. Can someone help me figure out the way to make this work?
Thank you
Z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts