RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i plug in my ipod car charger it doesn't charge my ipod. anybody have the same problem? could it be that the fuse is faulty? I have a 2009 RRS and have only owned it for 2 months now.

Thanks.

·
Registered
318 Posts
carter said:
when i plug in my ipod car charger it doesn't charge my ipod. anybody have the same problem? could it be that the fuse is faulty? I have a 2009 RRS and have only owned it for 2 months now.

Thanks.
It isn't designed to. It's only an Aux 3.5mm jack.

·
Registered
38 Posts
carter said:

Thanks.
That's amazing, not only does the IPOD chord have to be snaked from the back to the front of the vehicle, it fails to charge as well. The 2010 model charges the IPOD

·
Registered
318 Posts
swimmingriver said:
carter said:

Thanks.
That's amazing, not only does the IPOD chord have to be snaked from the back to the front of the vehicle, it fails to charge as well. The 2010 model charges the IPOD
Not surprising as vehicles are traditionally behind the times with technology. I mean the '06 + Range Rover should have received an ipod jack in the glove box that charges it, with touch screen capabilities through the Navi. I mean if Chrysler can offer the myGIG then LR can certainly offer something similar. I really, really miss the myGIG, it is an awesome system.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ukraine Range said:
carter said:

Thanks.
It isn't designed to. It's only an Aux 3.5mm jack.
That's true, the auxiliary jack doesn't charge. I was talking more about plugging in a cigarette lighter charger to my ipod. That's what the cigarette lighter chargers are for, right? So why doesn't it charge since day one?

Thanks

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Have you tried plugging in something else - such as a phone charger - to verify the problem is with the 12v socket in the car and not with the iPod charger? Cigarette lighter socket in the front console ashtray and armrest/trunk sockets are on different fuses, so if neither rear ones operate try the front lighter (or vice versa.) It's also possible a bad charger may cause the fuses to blow.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
umbertob said:
Have you tried plugging in something else - such as a phone charger - to verify the problem is with the 12v socket in the car and not with the iPod charger? Cigarette lighter socket in the front console ashtray and armrest/trunk sockets are on different fuses, so if neither rear ones operate try the front lighter (or vice versa.) It's also possible a bad charger may cause the fuses to blow.
i tried using the cigarette lighter and it works, but still doesn't work for charging my ipod.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
All of our ipods will charge with my old cigerette car charger accept the Nano. I have to charge it with a 4th generation ipod charger.
Dont ask why because it doesnt make sense to me. It is just the way it is.

·
Registered
74 Posts
carter said:
That's true, the auxiliary jack doesn't charge. I was talking more about plugging in a cigarette lighter charger to my ipod. That's what the cigarette lighter chargers are for, right? So why doesn't it charge since day one?

Thanks
iPods don't smoke.

Actually it sounds like you either have a faulty charger or a borked iPod.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts