RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has a 3GS iPhone and has an echo problem (the other party hears themselves in an echo) when using Bluetooth will be pleased to know that the iPhone 4 works flawlessly with the car.

I have an 06 early build with the original bluetooth module and software. iPhone 2G worked flawlessly, iPhone 3GS had the echo (no matter what version of iPhone software was used, including 4.0 from this week).

·
Registered
67 Posts
While I didn't have an "echo problem" on my late MY 2006 (w/TSB # LTB00095 Bluetooth update) with the iPhone 3G, I can confirm iOS 4 and specifically iPhone 4 are compatible and no loss of functionality (address book/etc) has been noted.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I had SEVERAL problems with iPhone 3G in my 2010 RRS which are now all gone.
Now when phone rings, first click of the wheel answer button answers the call.
Voice quality is much better and clearer.
Syncing seems to be faster (faster phone ...)

I am one happy camper

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had occasional echo with my 3G iPhone, but the most annoying problem was that certain incoming calls did not answer hands-free, but rather answered on the handset itself. Since my iPhone is either in a pocket or in a holster on my belt, it took me a while to realize that the phone had picked up the call rather than the hands-free in the vehicle.

Both of these problems are gone with my new iPhone 4. I just hope the antenna reception problems aren't an issue for me.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Sweet! I wasn't sure about the last one mentioned but now that I think of it ...
I'm a little relieved to hear these were all iPhone problems and not RR. Sometimes I think we trust apple too much with their products and automatically blame the car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
trez63 said:
Sweet! I wasn't sure about the last one mentioned but now that I think of it ...
I'm a little relieved to hear these were all iPhone problems and not RR. Sometimes I think we trust apple too much with their products and automatically blame the car.
Maybe not so much anymore? My RR has performed significantly better for me over the last 6 months than my i"Phone" has :mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts