Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I know this has probably been covered over and over, but I can seem to find anything concrete on this topic. I am looking to add the ability to play my iPhone music in my Range Rover without using an FM Transmitter. What have people done / installed. It doesnt seem like companys like Crutchfield offer any kits at a reasonable price. Not trying to spend an Arm and a Leg getting this done.

Thanks again, guys.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
48 Posts
If you are after the sound only, use the aux input in the rear centre console. That's what I do, the sound quality is very good. But if you are looking for iPhone integration, where you can control it from the nav screen, then there is none.

·
Registered
196 Posts
How much do you not want to spend? The price of the Land Rover Audio Connectivity Unit has come down a lot recently but is getting hard to find and even then you are limited to five playlists and a shuffle all option because it has to emulate the CD stacker , I also for a while used a Griffin Bluetrip which plugged into my Aux and is powered by the ciggy lighter and I controlled my phone via my watch to keep it all legal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I bought the Griffin Technology BlueTrip AUX for iPhone and Smartphones to try out. Hoping I can just hide it under the Aux Cover in the back. Griffin Technology BlueTrip AUX for iPhone and SmartphonesGriffin Technology BlueTrip AUX for iPhone and SmartphonesGriffin Technology BlueTrip AUX for iPhone and Smartphones

·
Registered
196 Posts
You won't be quite able to shut the lid , even with a right angled 3.5mm jack it sticks up just enough to stop you .

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a blitz safe (model: UIL) audio adapter installed. It ties into the aux jack and power in order to provide a charging/audio cable to my phone. I don't think they make this model anymore but now have Bluetooth versions which may work better. Sound quality is good but I do have to turn the volume up a bit more.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey, I know this has probably been covered over and over, but I can seem to find anything concrete on this topic. I am looking to add the ability to play my iPhone music in my Range Rover without using an FM Transmitter. What have people done / installed. It doesnt seem like companys like Crutchfield offer any kits at a reasonable price. Not trying to spend an Arm and a Leg getting this done.

Thanks again, guys.
I just ordered a device from Umno-tech in Germany. It hooks up behind the cd changer and allows integrated iPhone use, music from a USB, another AUX port, and there is a Bluetooth add on for streaming. With the Bluetooth it will run just north of $300.
Found out about it on the fullfatrr forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just ordered a device from Umno-tech in Germany. It hooks up behind the cd changer and allows integrated iPhone use, music from a USB, another AUX port, and there is a Bluetooth add on for streaming. With the Bluetooth it will run just north of $300.
Found out about it on the fullfatrr forum.

Finally installed it. I had to change out my cd changer because it failed anyways. Incidentally, I replaced it with a 2010 model which seems to work better than the old one.
the Trioma Works great! I can control volume in Bluetooth on my steering wheel. My phone connects to the Umno-tech trioma Bluetooth to stream music or play music from iTunes automatically when I get in the car. If a call comes in, it switches seamlessly over to the land rover Bluetooth to answer the call. Sound and volume are great! Not like the Belkin cigarette lighter device I had or the Aux cable I was using.
It's a worthwhile upgrade. I'm glad I did it.
I have a few MP3 songs on the USB thumb drive. They work fine, but I'll probably just use my iPhone rather than copying a bunch of songs to a thumb drive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts