RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 06 Range Rover. I wanted to attempt to pair the blue tooth, but when I go to the phone section on the Nav screen it simply says that a phone is not in the cradle. I have seen in other threads that some have had success. Any advice on how to figure this out?

·
Registered
952 Posts
I just followed the instructions for bluetooth pairing as given in one of the manuals that came with my 06, it worked fine. Have you read the instructions? Do you have bluetooth in your 06? If memory serves, I think some of them didn't in 06 but don't quote me on that.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Try this: Search for Bluetooth devices using the iPhone with your 06 RR engine running, after a few seconds it should find "Land Rover". The pairing code for the 2006 PTI module is 2121 (iPhone will prompt you for this the very first time you try to connect to Land Rover, then it should remember it for future, automatic reconnects.) The cradle thingie is for outdated phones and was discontinued long ago by LR. Bluetooth connection offers limited features on MY06s, but your car module may be upgradeable at the dealer - for a fee - to allow additional features such as phonebook download over Bluetooth. Search the forum for details. Welcome!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Success. When in doubt, read the instruction manual. Thank you for your assistance. Now if I can just figure out how to get it to play music from my iphone.

·
Registered
91 Posts
On our road trip home from picking ours up this weekend, I hopped on my iPhone, surfed to this site, and searched the instructions on how to pair with Bluetooth. Worked like a charm for my iPhone and my wife's Blackberry Curve.

Phonebook doesn't download from either phone though. I think I read that there is a software update that enables this feature. Looks like it's off to the dealer already. We also get a loud "POP/CRACK" from the speakers when placing a call. The timing appears to be when the Sirius radio switches the audio over to the bluetooth.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The folks on the other end of the iPhone hear a terrible echo.

The dealer has done a software update but no joy there.

Has anyone solved this problem yet?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
How high is the speaker volume when you are on a call? In my RRS, with anything over 20-25 callers often start hearing their own voice echoing back.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I played with the settings on the phone as well as on the radio unit. I set the bluetooth on the iPhone at max, the vehicle at 17-19 and then the volume control while on the call. Anything above 19 on the bluetooth gave echo, 19 is the max. If you turn the volume too high, it will echo.

is what is is I guess :-(

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Classic
1 Posts
quick question - I've got a 2006 HSE Supercharged and my Bluetooth connection to iPhone works like a charm with the code 2121. HOWEVER I must re-enter the code ever time i re-enter the car. any ideas why ?

Thanks -

Search the forum for details.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts