Range Rovers Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did u have to update your phone or car software or did it just work first time you paired it and it continued to pair? Thanks again
On my RRS (november 2007) work fine with 3GS (ios 4 and 5) and 4S (ios 5) without any car update, just pairing the first time...

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1 Posts
My 2006 HSE had all its Software updated today for cost of $230 at a dealer and my 4S still won't re-pair. It pails easily and works great, but I have to repair it after each engine start. Apple says its because they think Rover is still using Blutooth 3 and the 4s requires Bluetooth version 4.
Ouch... my Land Rover dealership upgraded the software for free! There's no reason they should have charged you for a simple software upgrade unless they did other stuff at the same time, especially since it didn't fix the problem.

It didn't fix it for me either, and they said it's unlikely to be fixed with that model since they were built with Bluetooth 3.0 only.

the only way you're going to fix this problem is to upgrade to a younger model, with Bluetooth 4.0 support.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
24 Posts
My 2006 HSE had all its Software updated today for cost of $230 at a dealer and my 4S still won't re-pair. It pails easily and works great, but I have to repair it after each engine start. Apple says its because they think Rover is still using Blutooth 3 and the 4s requires Bluetooth version 4.

My old 3G worked fine. The blurb below makes it sound like 4 should work with 3....

One of the lesser-known facts to emerge about the iPhone 4S yesterday is that it is the first phone to launch with Bluetooth 4.0, the latest version of Bluetooth. Not many products are available with Bluetooth 4.0 just yet--in fact, two of the most recent products to ship with Bluetooth 4.0 are also from Apple: the MacBook Air and the Mac Mini. Bluetooth 4.0 is backward-compatible with all other versions of Bluetooth, so you can pair existing Bluetooth headsets with the new iPhone without a problem.
I had the exact same issue, except with a BlackBerry, rather than an iPhone. The problem, as I understand it, is that the Bluetooth module in the 2006 (and maybe up to 2008 or 2010) isn't compatible. The software can be updated, but, as you note, that may not fix the problem.

What WILL fix the problem is a Bluetooth module from a more recent Land Rover. I ended up researching this issue on the LR4 forum (based in the UK) and found a guy (username "wiggs") who is selling the new modules for about 135 GBP (about $215 US) including shipping. I went this route, rather than pay for the software upgrade, and it works flawlessly. The phone now pairs every time, and (most) of my address book transferred over (my address book is really big, and there's a limit to the number of entries).

Here's the link to the discussion on the UK board:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic53302.html

If wiggs has modules available, he's the guy to deal with. I had a great experience dealing with him. Paid him via PayPal (you can pay in other currencies) and had the module in hand, with modified harness in about a week. It's essentially plug and play - no programming required.

You may be able to find the module through a Jaguar dealer (it has a Ford part number), but I had no luck. I believe that the Ford part number is 8H22 10F845 AA.

Jon

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue, Iphone 4s requires pairing each time you start the engine on 07 RR Sport! very frustrating. Suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Having the same problem with my iPhone 5. It will pair manually and stay paired, but I have to re pair it (including entering the 2121 code) every time I restart the car. I didn't have to do this with the iPhone 3GS. Major pain in the ass.

If anyone has a fix (except for replacing the module) I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
UPDATE:

This site below had a RR Bluetooth module updating service. For $100 they'll send you an updated Bluetooth module and you agree to send your old one back to them. It's supposed to fix the iPhone 4/5 issue AND give you access to your phonebook on the touch screen. I'm going o give it a try. The FFRR guys on the Disco site say it works like a charm.

http://www.bluetoothexchange.co.uk/

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've never had a problem on my 06 RR SC. My 3GS and my current 4S needed to be paired once and they connect automatically every time. I do, however, want to upgrade to the new Bluetooth module though because callers say the sound quality blows.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I've never had a problem on my 06 RR SC. My 3GS and my current 4S needed to be paired once and they connect automatically every time. I do, however, want to upgrade to the new Bluetooth module though because callers say the sound quality blows.
My 3GS paired all of the time automatically. My iPhone 5 does not.

·
Registered
237 Posts
UPDATE:

This site below had a RR Bluetooth module updating service. For $100 they'll send you an updated Bluetooth module and you agree to send your old one back to them. It's supposed to fix the iPhone 4/5 issue AND give you access to your phonebook on the touch screen. I'm going o give it a try. The FFRR guys on the Disco site say it works like a charm.

http://www.bluetoothexchange.co.uk/

I had the same problem with my IPhone 4S. Needed pairing every time. My previous IPhones needed pairing just once. So I used the exchange service, received another Nokia module and now it keeps its pairing and I also have my contacts on the display (well, only the first 300 of them, I'm told it is a Land Rover limitation). Before this I tried a software update at the dealer, but it didn't work, so this is the cheapest working solution...

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
3 Posts
hi there i have a 2005 range rover sport and non of the iphones ive had work with the range rover ... just had a new modual fitted by my local range rover dealer for the lastes one and everything workss fine now ..cost was £221 with part exchange with your old unit or you could find what unit u need and do it your self but dont get any unit after 2009 as they wont work on a any range rover from 2005-2009 ..... units on ebay for about £175 but for the difrence in price its worth going to your dealer

21 - 31 of 31 Posts