RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I received my iPhone 4S the other day and it won't remember the pairing with my 2006 Rangie.

Is anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hmm, my iPhone 4 with IOS5 pairs just fine with my 06HSE. I don't think they changed anything in reagards to the bluetooth hardware and the software should be almost the same. I do notice that sometimes it doesn't pair on it's own, but most of the time it does and once paired it always keeps its connection.

Keep us updated on this, I hope it works itself out. You can always tell Siri to get her act together.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
If it's the original Nokia Bluetooth module your issue may be resolved with a software update (the one that would also add Phonebook over Bluetooth.)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just a message about this on the Subaru forums. they are thinking it is related to bluetooth 4.0.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have I phone 4 and I have to enter the code every time I enter the vehicle. But once paired, it stays paired and works fine.

·
Registered
349 Posts
The iphone could have one of the following issues causing it to drop.

Bad characters in the address book.. Backup your contacts list and then DELETE ALL to test. if it works then you have a bad contact
Turn off wifi. old issue supposed fixed but worth a check
Turn off Automatic Sync of contacts over the air. This could be the iphone version or outlook sync. try either or both.

That is where to start. My experience is with the BMW Bluetooth system and the iphone, which works really well, but I hear the iphone can have those issues

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I've got. Needs to be re-paired each time I start up.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Same on my '05. Have to manually pair the phone with the audio system. Annoying.

The Alpine CDE-103BT I installed in my Bentley automatically pairs when I get into the car, OTOH. Wish I could somehow get the RR system to do the same!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2006 HSE had all its Software updated today for cost of $230 at a dealer and my 4S still won't re-pair. It pails easily and works great, but I have to repair it after each engine start. Apple says its because they think Rover is still using Blutooth 3 and the 4s requires Bluetooth version 4.

My old 3G worked fine. The blurb below makes it sound like 4 should work with 3....

One of the lesser-known facts to emerge about the iPhone 4S yesterday is that it is the first phone to launch with Bluetooth 4.0, the latest version of Bluetooth. Not many products are available with Bluetooth 4.0 just yet--in fact, two of the most recent products to ship with Bluetooth 4.0 are also from Apple: the MacBook Air and the Mac Mini. Bluetooth 4.0 is backward-compatible with all other versions of Bluetooth, so you can pair existing Bluetooth headsets with the new iPhone without a problem.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone else?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having the same problem! I just got a iphone 4s and my 2006 RRS S/C has to be paired every time I restart the vehicle.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
477 Posts
Works fine with 2011. Try the software upgrade previously mentioned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 4S with RRS 2007 HSE work fine on pairing and phone call but i can't use ipod function over bluetooth...
Does the software updates resolve the issues?

Thanks in advice

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Redmax, does it keep the pairing or do you need to pair it each time you start the Rover?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
My 4S with RRS 2007 HSE work fine on pairing and phone call but i can't use ipod function over bluetooth...
Does the software updates resolve the issues?

Thanks in advice
Nope, music streaming over Bluetooth was not available on any Land Rover vehicle up to MY2012. The 2012 Evoque, Sport and LR4 are the first models offering the feature now, not sure about the 2012 Range Rover though.

PS: Italiano di dove?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All, I just my 4s and I need to manually pair my phone everytime I get in to it and also have no phone book. I have 2007 RRS HSE, do I need to bring to the garage and get them to update software or is there something I can download for the phone.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did u have to update your phone or car software or did it just work first time you paired it and it continued to pair? Thanks again

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
26 Posts
I had the same problem with my iPhone 4 running 4.3.5 and my '06 RS S/C. No problems with my '08 FF S/C. I just assumed that the bluetooth module had failed, but after reading other people encountering similar issues, I wonder if an iOS update may be to blame.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts