Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just bought a 2006 and yes i did search for a answer but since the iphone4 is so new i didnt find anything. My deal is I can pait the Iphone4 to the car using the 2121 PIN but I have no contacts etc.. That I can live with the issue i find to be a pain is every tie I get into the car i have to re pair it ??? it is a pain. My 06 M5 recognized the iphone 4 asap. I had the dealer do the BT software upgrade but it didnt do a thing. Anyone find a solution??? Thanks in Advance for any help. I am hoping that I dont have to buy a 08 BT module as I read that might solve it but who knows?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
What's the build date of your 2006 (the month/year should be stamped on a tag on the driver's door)? Some early build 2006s have PTI modules that cannot be upgraded via software - not through the "regular channels" (an authorized dealer), anyway. Did the dealer charge you for the upgrade?

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have an 06 and my 4 has no issues pairing. have you deleted all other instances of pairing with other phones? I know that you can do it on a lexus haven't tried it on my RRS since I have only paired one phone to it.

·
Premium Member
2006 Range Rover Sport
1,239 Posts
as a point of reference, i never had phone book sync with the original PTI module and software with any of our older phones - razr, moto v9 and original iphone. after the PTI module and BT software was upgraded (done at the same time so can't say if it was one, the other or both that did the trick), then it would sync. i can't say definitively if it would auto-connect via BT with the iphone, but seem to recall old threads where iphone users said the upgrade fixed it. currently, no problems at all with my iphone 4. if there's any remaining warranty left, complain about dropped calls and say your phone is one of the supported ones on the list and it should be covered.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys I will check my build date. I just bought her and after negotiating the price I req to have the update done so it was thrown in the deal after basically free on my end. Thing is i dont want to buy a module for the phone book as i use the dial pad but I hate always having to pair once inside. Its a pain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got my RSS HSE 2006 and cannot pair it with my iPhone 4. I went to the sites posted and entered the last 6 digits of my VIN number - it says it is fully compatible! What am I doing or not doing? Help please!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,015 Posts
What happens when you try pairing? Does the iPhone find Land Rover when you search for BT devices? Does it ask you for the PIN?

PS: PTI/Bluetooth module was a factory option on MY06s (it became standard issue on later model years), is it possible yours may not have it? Do you have the phone paddles on the right of the steering wheel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The phone just keeps spinning and it doesn't "discover" anything. No, I do not have phone paddles on the side of the steering wheel (possibly a sign that this won't work). But why would entering my VIN number say it is compatible. Is there a way to add this feature? Thank you!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,015 Posts
I don't believe Land Rover's online Bluetooth compatibility database is smart enough to know whether your particular VIN was equipped with Personal Telephone Integration at the factory or not. Bottom line is, if you don't have the send/end paddles on the right of the steering wheel (and the near useless cradle connector under the center arm rest), your car was not equipped with the factory PTI module. Sorry.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,015 Posts
The factory module cannot be retrofitted (I guess it could be, but it would probably cost a small fortune in labor alone.) There used to be a dealer installed Bliuetooth kit that offered some integration - but not as good as the factory installed system. For instance, you could use the voice recognition system to store and dial names or numbers, but not the radio keypad or the head unit LCD. Part numbers for the kit: Installation Kit VUB501152, English Language Control Unit XVJ500122 (both required.) Don't know if dealers still offer that kit since Bluetooth has been standard issue in North America for quite a few years, but you might be better off purchasing an aftermarket kit (Parrot or similar), it may not look as elegant as the factory system but will likely offer much better functionality and cost less than Land Rover's hack.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
47 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just picked up my 2006 RSS and pairing my iPhone was easy. BUT..... I can't get the voice recognition to correctly enter the phone numbers?? It addes the "Phone Store Name" just fine but when I try to enter the numbers, it keeps messing them up.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've an early '05 build and have the dealer installed bluetooth - as per previous posts doesnt have the phone book but everything esle seems to work fine - I think the pin is different maybe 0000 or 1111 - maybe try that. I dont think it can be upgraded by software either

·
Premium Member
2006 Range Rover Sport
1,239 Posts
umbertob said:
What's the build date of your 2006 (the month/year should be stamped on a tag on the driver's door)?
Ummm...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.