RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 3Gs Iphone yesterday. Went out to the parking lot to pair it with the '07 RRS and it could not find it. Got the AT&T service guy out and he could not do it either. Then we tried it in the store. Should have found a bunch of stuff but didn't. Tried another new Iphone and it found the RRS in less than 15 seconds. Links better than my old Blackberry. Make sure you test the Bluetooth out before driving off if you buy one of these. Otherwise the phone is great! Love the auto WiFi connect.

Also, I drive a lot of rental and use a Blueant V1. It voice calls speed dial numbers but the Iphone doesn't have 'hold a number' type speed dial. However, if you have this ear piece, and tell it to call speed dial 2 it will call the second number in the favorites list. Same with 3,4,6,7,8 & 9. 1 and 5 are for voice mail which is visual on the iphone and 5 is for GOOG-411

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
890 Posts
bop08 said:
Just bought a new 3Gs Iphone yesterday. Went out to the parking lot to pair it with the '07 RRS and it could not find it. Got the AT&T service guy out and he could not do it either. Then we tried it in the store. Should have found a bunch of stuff but didn't. Tried another new Iphone and it found the RRS in less than 15 seconds. Links better than my old Blackberry. Make sure you test the Bluetooth out before driving off if you buy one of these. Otherwise the phone is great! Love the auto WiFi connect.

Also, I drive a lot of rental and use a Blueant V1. It voice calls speed dial numbers but the Iphone doesn't have 'hold a number' type speed dial. However, if you have this ear piece, and tell it to call speed dial 2 it will call the second number in the favorites list. Same with 3,4,6,7,8 & 9. 1 and 5 are for voice mail which is visual on the iphone and 5 is for GOOG-411

I don't have a problem my 08 RRSSC or my Audi S5 iPhone 3Gs works perfectly pairing with either everytime I get in or out of them. Only issue I've had was the software in the Audi MMI sometimes doesn't " wake up" and turn on the bluetooth, and I end up shutting off the car opening the door, closing the door and turning the car back on, and then it wakes up the bluetooth module. The " beast" RRSSC hasn't givin me a problem yet...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was told that an Iphone wouldn't work with an 08 LR3 but it works with the 09 RRSC. Except when my Daughter calls me on her Iphone and her voice won't come through the speakers. Go figure that one.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,456 Posts
That's odd information about the 08 LR3.

I'm using a 3G (not 3GS) Iphone on my 2006 RRS - absolutely no problems, crystal clear reception and no issues with people hearing me. I've got it installed in the IPOD Audio Connectivity module perfectly (slightly modified the clip on top to lean back for when using the Iphone, and forward for the Nano Ipod), so it plays music, phone works perfectly and charges, all at the same time.

Have you actually tried sitting in the 08 LR3 to see if it works?

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
890 Posts
Bob08, sounds like you need to have the dealer do a software update on your beast. I know when mine was in for it's 22,500 they said mine had something like 9 software updates they did to it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Also if you're having problems with your iPhone, do a hard restart. Its basically a mini computer and restarting it once and a while helps it a lot.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The RR works fine. It was the Iphone! Out of the box failure of the bluetooth module in the Iphone. New Iphone, no problem. Just wanted to make sure anyone else who decided to get one, made sure they tried it out before they left the store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts