RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 2007 RRS SC. I have just purchased a new iPhone 3GS and want to play audio clips in my rover. I purchased a Belkin gray aux cord that I can plug into my phone then into the Aux outlet in the rear seat. The music does play, however it only comes out the RIGHT side speakers. I tried to change settings on phone, no luck. If I change the balance settings on the rovers settings, the music goes away.....it will only come out of the passenger side speakers.....PLEASE HELP?

Any suggestions on how or why this is happening, search the forum and could not find a solution....please help me...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I assume every other audio source - CD, radio, etc. - plays fine on L/R channels? If so, see if you can find a 3.5mm male/male STEREO (there are mono ones out there, looking virtually identical) patch cable like this one and connect it between "headphones out" on the iPhone and AUX input on the Sport. If playback is fine on left and right channels, then you know for sure the problem is not with the car and it's either a bad Belkin cable or a faulty / dirty connector on the bottom of the iPhone. If the problem is still there, then there is probably something disconnected behind the AUX input receptacle in the center console.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You need the Usb cord which can be had at the dealership. It costs but it works. I went through this with the Aux cord, there is no volume. But as I said in another thread I don't know if you can use the the bluetooth for the Iphone and listen to Itunes through the USB cable at the same time. I use an old Ipod to listen to the Itunes while using the 3GS as the phone and that works. You can change songs with the arrows on the steering wheel but thats all it does. I also don't think much of the stereo separation but it's okay.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all other units work fine, i will try to fine a new cable and test it first, What is the USB cable look like? where does that plug into?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
117 Posts
It was an option for an 09. The dealers have them. It's not cheap. It uses the same kind of plug in as your charger unlike the Aux jack.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
146 Posts
I used the Belkin cord with no problems. Seems to be a bad connection. I now use the Griffin wireless FM transmitter (I hate wires all over the place). The Iphone has an app for it. Auto searches for best channel, can be setup through the app., and, can even charge phone with a micro usb cable(which I do not use/need)

·
Registered
117 Posts
You have to use the USB adaptor. If you plug into the AUX Jack you might hear the music but you will get no volume. With the USB jack you can switch songs by using the arrow switch on the steering wheel. I use an Ipod for music and an Iphone for the phone part. I don't know what would happen if you tried to use the USB and Bluetooth for the phone at once. Mine was about an $200 option on an 09 RRS.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just covering basics here. Make sure both ends of the cord are firmly plugged in. If the cord is only halfway in, you can get sound out of only one speaker. Second, check to make sure you have a stereo cable and not a mono cable. A stereo cable has two black bands on the end of the plug. A mono cable has one black band.

When you use an aux input, always adjust the output volume on your phone to the maximum. If you don't, you're just amplifying any "noise" in your cable and connection. Starting with full volume gives you the best audio quality and also prevents you from wetting your sheepskin seat covers when you switch to a different source. Just remember to turn the volume back down when you use headphones. In some rare cases, full volume is actually louder than the designed input volume for a car. You'll know if that's the case because the audio will "clip" or sound all F'd up. Adjust the volume back down until it sounds better. I haven't had this problem with iPhones.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the same exact problem and i found that by twisting the cord while it was in the AUX outlet it would play through all the speakers. Its quite annoying but i dont feel like paying alot for something that should come stock with the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts