1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
brads_redrover said:
jbrac25 said:
Check this out.
I applaud this type of innovation. I wish there was someone in the Phoenix area that could simply figure out an ipod solution. /:(
I'm trying to find someone who will install a IBM blade server farm in my car.
I'm afraid the stock cooling system will need to be upgraded though.

·
Registered
213 Posts
And to think no one has yet been able to develop a practical integration of a later model iPhone into our rrs without using the crappy aux in that doesn't let your music play at high volume.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The problem with the iPad in a car is going to be the glossy, non-transflective screen. Won't be able to see it once it gets out in daylight. I made a custom computer install a few years back on my previous vehicle and found this out the hard way:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show-of ... puter.html

I tried to save a few buck on a non-transflective screen, thinking we don't have much direct sunlight here in the NW, but it was still pretty useless in the daylight. So I think a better approach would be to stash a mac mini somewhere and drive a discrete transflective touch screen screen. That gives a lot more hardware and software flexibility as well.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Can we do it??? Thats all I want to know. Dont care about your IPOD not working, or your past issues. I dont care about the thermostat. Thats that windows are for. Can we do it??? UMBERTOB Speak to me. :pray: That was hot for real.

·
Registered
19 Posts
kstatenupe said:
Can we do it??? Thats all I want to know. Dont care about your IPOD not working, or your past issues. I dont care about the thermostat. Thats that windows are for. Can we do it??? UMBERTOB Speak to me. :pray: That was hot for real.
if you have the money anything is possible

·
Registered
270 Posts
Heck Yeah!!! Im sittin on 50 grand right now. Ill just sell the Rover to cover any expenses...wait...

Actually I mean from a standpoint of it working in our vehicles. I think that most people shy away from installing an aftermarket radio in our trucks due to everything that seems to be integrated in the radio.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
kstatenupe said:
Nupe, you may want to dial down on your caffeine intake a bit. But, apparently there's rumors of a mini-Pad `) coming next year. If its true, 7" would fit better.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20100407PD226.html

Just wait till I'm done intalling my IBM blade server rack with a drop down 1/4" thick OLED screen--trying to decide between the 21" or 23" right now. You'll be saying "i-who?"

Looks like I may go with a 9U configuration with 4 TB of storage and fiber optic connectors. My installer thinks we may have to put some heat sinks in a liquid nitrogen bath to keep the rack from getting too hot, and that's kinda the major holdup right now.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Goosey - have you looked into getting the blade server liquid cooled by tapping into the radiator line. You could then add an inline refrigerant to cool the incoming line to a sub-temperature. If the line is cold enough on the return it will also in turn cool the radiator bringing the overall engine temp down. You may also be able to solve the global warming process down since there is less heat emitted by the RRS, making the vehicle environmentally friendly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
Looks like I may go with a 9U configuration with 4 TB of storage and fiber optic connectors. My installer thinks we may have to put some heat sinks in a liquid nitrogen bath to keep the rack from getting too hot, and that's kinda the major holdup right now.
If your RRS is anything like mine, your biggest issue is going to be having a sealed environment for the Halon Fire Supression system. With all the wind noise I get, there's no way my Sport is air tight. :dance:

·
Registered
5 Posts
MIAMIRRS said:
And to think no one has yet been able to develop a practical integration of a later model iPhone into our rrs without using the crappy aux in that doesn't let your music play at high volume.
Right! Ugh it's mindblowing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts