RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a recurring problem where I see the "invalid cd" message when I try to play MP3 cds burned in itunes. I have triple checked that the mp3 formating is correct--cds imported as mp3 and recorded as the same.

Anybody else experience this problem? Any tips to correct?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vehicle is a 2006 HSE. Again, any advice is much appreciated. I am thinking it could be an itunes issue?

I have tried recording at a slower speed--it seems to have helped (some recordings work, but others still don't even though the actual underlying discs are the same). The same mp3 discs that read "invalid cd" in my rover all seem to play fine in my wife's Mercedes.....

Maybe I should try windows media player for burning? I mean how hard can it be to burn an mp3 that will work? ugh

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Gazellio said:
Adding your location & signiture with full vehicle details may help you to get a reply....... :wink:
I meant go into "User Control Panel" and add a location then add a "Signature" with your exact RR Model details. It normal forum practice and help those trying to help.

If you don't bother I doubt you will get many replies. /:(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Itunes on my Mac or the drive itself seemed to have been the problem--even though all the "correct" settings were made.

Media Player MP3 cds on PC came out ok

Then downloaded Nero and it solved all problems--allows sub folders with ease.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, absolutely. Spending another $600 on a MOST aux in for ipod install/equip and am starting to think it is unnecessary--mp3 cds have some great advantages:
no cord
ease of control
track info
good capacity
no charging

·
Registered
103 Posts
Does it also play folders. I need to go read the range rover manual.

I had a invalid cd fault as well and the dealership told me it was because I was using a burned CD, but to my knowledge there are no regular mp3 cds available are there?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
Yes it plays folders too. I use audio PC-burned CD's in my cars since 2001 and mp3 CD's since 2004 and I never had a problem with any of them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can download Nero for free trial and it is very easy to make MP3 cds with folders. Just make sure you select the mp3 format before you burn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts