RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying hi, got my first range rover (or land rover, or SUV for that matter). Needed a race support vehicle which is does mighty well. Usual brace of options. Good to meet you all.

IMG_7263.jpg

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hello, congratulations and welcome!!

Hope you're enjoying your first SUV, I think it would be hard for me to go back to a Sedan.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks.

Thats funny- the under the skin look!

The race support vehicle has two cars to support now. New race car arrived from the UK today:-

IMG_0003.jpg
(rear wing is on backwards ready for loading onto the plane)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks folks.

Thats funny- the under the skin look!

The race support vehicle has two cars to support now. New race car arrived from the UK today:-

View attachment 134954
(rear wing is on backwards ready for loading onto the plane)
Welcome! I'm actually more interested to learn about your race cars! Overall, enjoy the RRS!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome! I'm actually more interested to learn about your race cars! Overall, enjoy the RRS!
Here you go for a sample of the racing:-
Www.youtube.com/trackdaydriver

I post the odd race every now and then. The atom spec racer is an absolute blast and to get it right is like catching a falling knife. It can humble some very quick machinery. The racing in the American spec championship is awesome, And some great drivers to go wheel to wheel with. The atom is light and relies on mechanical grip, runs out of steam at about 134mph (no aero) but doesn't take long to get there. It's also one of those platforms where you learn a lot about driving quickly, lots of feedback which demands quick reactions to go fast and humbles anyone who isn't awake.

The radical is quite a bit different as an aero car which doesn't weigh much and has a terrific paddle shift transmission that helps hustle is along. Haven't raced it yet, that will change shortly, Christmas Eve excited about it right now.

The RRS is really nice as a track support vehicle. The trunk is perfect for my track junk box, and carrying all the bits and pieces needed. The 5.0 hauls nicely, the dynamic mode is nice, but to be honest I don't drive it that quickly rather use it as a great cruising platform with performance on demand.

Anyone visiting VIR be happy to host you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys, I didn't want to start a new thread so I asking here!! :)

My 2015 RRS SC Dynamic arrived at the dealer on Monday, I went to see it and they told me it would be ready by friday. My question is : I noticed on the rear of the RR that it only had the Sport badge in red. It didn't have the silver ''Supercharged'' badge underneath it. Was this a new change on the 2015 model?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts