Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening (or whatever your local time may be) all,

I've perused this forum occasionally over the past few years searching answers for my wife's 2007 RRS, which she loved dearly. Recently upgraded her to a gently used, low mile 2014 full-fat, 5.0 Supercharged L405. I have to say, upgrade is an understatement, this thing is an absolute blast to drive. At this point there are really only a couple of things I feel need to be addressed.

First, the infotainment system is a bit underwhelming. Obviously we've come a long way since 2014, and I saw there is a thread dedicated to head unit upgrades. I will delve into that and ask any questions I have on that front in the appropriate place.

Second, I have seen this across a number of auto mfg marques, but especially with JLR's: extremely sticky control surfaces! Not as if someone spilled soda on them and left it, but that the rubberized coating has broken down into a sticky goo. I had good luck using Neutrogena makeup remover wipes to get most off, but such a PITA and really didn't leave the underlying plastic finish in great/presentable shape. Any suggestions on polishing the button surfaces or something else to clean them with?

Third, and definitely most importantly: I've noticed the dreaded supercharger coupler/isolator rattle on startup and at idle. Research on that front began today and I have read a couple of mixed reviews about the best (easiest) way to go about replacing. The updated/aftermarket solid replacement part is cheap and was easy enough to find. Has anyone had any luck removing the snout without also removing the supercharger? I found a thread stating it was possible for the 3.0 SCV6 and some commentary that it should be possible for the 5.0 as well, but can anyone confirm? I searched for writeups and videos on this and found precious little, any help or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And of course everyone likes pics! This was the day we made the trade about a month ago. Out with the old in with the new. Fuji over tan is a beautiful combo, we refer to it as the Dallas Blonde Edition :LOL:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Second, I have seen this across a number of auto mfg marques, but especially with JLR's: extremely sticky control surfaces! Not as if someone spilled soda on them and left it, but that the rubberized coating has broken down into a sticky goo.
Yes, same issue here. Would love to hear anyone's input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts