RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Proud owner of a flawless and loaded 2019 RRS TD6 and 2019 Porsche Cayenne. On the Cayenne, with the SIM card installed, my wife can listen to internet radio all the time, no phone connection required.

I have a SIM card installed and therefore 4G in the RRS but I cannot seem to find a way to stream internet radio unless I connect it to my phone and use the horrible In Control Apps. Am I missing something, is there a way to do it?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
what is "internet radio"?

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
He is most likely referring to some low bandwidth site like Pandora

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
69 Posts
The only "native" apps are Deezer and TuneIn, or of course SiriusXM: https://www.landrover.com/ownership/incontrol/connectivity/online-media.html

With CarPlay/Android Auto, I don't see the point of having an activated SIM card anymore if you have a compatible smart phone already (and you must if you're using InControl Apps). Just use that and launch your choice of streaming service natively from your phone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tune In would be great but even though I have a SIM card and 4G enabled, I dont have any access to “online media” in the menu of choices under media, it shows only XM\AMFM\Iphone.

Even though its a 19 and I picked it up 3 weeks ago, apple car play is not on it. Not sure if any of these things are because I am in Canada.

Dealer is clueless about these things and claims no LR are using car play yet!

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
so that should be the problem to solve: to get the latest update (18D) applied to the vehicle. the dealer isn't clueless, they just don't want to do work "for free". Read up on the carplay threads & go to them informed - they should do this for you to fix issues. you can find all the problems in the threads that 18C (first version that allows the SmartPhone pack to be installed) and 18D (the latest version) fixed. The fact that you're in Canada is irrelevant in this context, we get the same infotainment versions and the smartphone pack seems to be universal.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Not sure if any of these things are because I am in Canada.
completely false. Canada is part of the NAS spec vehicles that all JLR products adhere to here in the States. the only difference is the dealer activation of DRLs for the Canadian examples.

Totya has the right answer. have your dealer install the ICTP 18D update that came out on December 8, I think, and the Smartphone pack. 18D solved the issues with 18C. the dealer knows both 18D and the smartphone pack are available. Don't let them snow ya.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More on this.....

Brought the car to the dealer for 18D and they did it. They would only add the smartphone update if I agreed to lose my warrantee on the Infotainment of the car. THey claim its a bulletin that went to them yesterday as for a big % of the cars, the whole infotainment system gets fried when the smartphone pack is added at a replacement cost $3000. He said he’s done 15 and 1 of them zonked out.

So...no car play for me and no “online media” either for my 2019 so I can listen to internet radio on the 4G connection without plugging in my iPhone! Very disappointing.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Wow! That’s actually crazy that they would say that?

I’m floored?!
Anyone else hear this from their SA’s?

Might be worth a call to another dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
No, that's BS. You cannot "fry" it.

If, and big if, they "brick" it, that's completely on them. If it were truly the case, they wouldn't perform it at all. There's no way JLR would take that risk.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
JLR actually has told dealers to update new cars with smartphone pack at no charge due to some vehicles being produced before before they released that option for 2019 I read a bulletin Cant recall where but they have a warranty code to put in there system so they can get paid for doing that update.

Always call them on their BS ask him to show you such paper work or email or message to prove to you that they are not BSing you.

Go back and insist on the update or raise hell with corporate. I would speak to GM first Before raising hell.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
21 Posts
JLR actually has told dealers to update new cars with smartphone pack at no charge due to some vehicles being produced before before they released that option for 2019 I read a bulletin Cant recall where but they have a warranty code to put in there system so they can get paid for doing that update.

Always call them on their BS ask him to show you such paper work or email or message to prove to you that they are not BSing you.

Go back and insist on the update or raise hell with corporate. I would speak to GM first Before raising hell.
This (What you said Bill) is exactly what my dealer told me. They told me that after I picked it up they'd do the update for free when I came back in for a few we-owe things - that it was a Land Rover thing. They made sure 18D was on there and that if I needed further updates when they came out to just call them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts