Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I lost internet connection about three weeks ago. ATT confirm the car is getting data and the 3G signal is strong. I cannot even connect to the internet using my house WIFI. Software was upgraded to 4.0 by the dealer yesterday but this has not solved the problem.

Have any of you had this issue and, if so, was there a fix?

Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Land Rover Range Rover Sport TD6
18 Posts
What is not working exactly?
Vehicle is able to connect to hotspot, WiFi, and installed SIM card with 4G sign showing full bars on top right of display screen of touch duo but I cannot use internet for anything, i.e. there is no data flow in or out.

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover Sport SCV8 ATB (L494)
210 Posts
Vehicle is able to connect to hotspot, WiFi, and installed SIM card with 4G sign showing full bars on top right of display screen of touch duo but I cannot use internet for anything, i.e. there is no data flow in or out.
Same thing has happened to me over the past day. The display is showing 4G connectivity, and AT&T has confirmed that everything in my connected car account is provisioned correctly, but the car will not connect to the internet. AT&T even sent a signal to the car to reset/refresh the connection and it made no difference.

I first noticed it yesterday and initially chalked it up to another electronic quirk, but it's persisted for 24 hours.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same thing has happened to me over the past day. The display is showing 4G connectivity, and AT&T has confirmed that everything in my connected car account is provisioned correctly, but the car will not connect to the internet. AT&T even sent a signal to the car to reset/refresh the connection and it made no difference.

I first noticed it yesterday and initially chalked it up to another electronic quirk, but it's persisted for 24 hours.
same exact thing At&t did with me, sent out signal, got response to ensure data flow.For the life of me I don’t know what the hell is wrong with the internet on the Rovers!

·
Registered
210 Posts
same exact thing At&t did with me, sent out signal, got response to ensure data flow.For the life of me I don’t know what the hell is wrong with the internet on the Rovers!
I was just able to connect to my home WiFi while in the garage, and could see the satellite navigation maps, and the weather and news widgets in the car were able to connect and update. But the car will not connect to internet via the mobile data connection.

AT&T was going to open a ticket and escalate to a higher level of tech support, but I'm not confident anything will come of it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was just able to connect to my home WiFi while in the garage, and could see the satellite navigation maps, and the weather and news widgets in the car were able to connect and update. But the car will not connect to internet via the mobile data connection.

AT&T was going to open a ticket and escalate to a higher level of tech support, but I'm not confident anything will come of it.
Well your very lucky to even have home connectivity with WiFi. I have connected to home network.. connects fine… BUT can not pull up webpages .. says “unable to load page” on web browsers of RR sport in dash… try connecting to hot spot of RR sport with 4G at full bars. Still says in no internet connection while connecting with my iPhone and iPad on vehicle hotspot. Connects to everything… can’t load anything.
“Have you eyes and you can not see?”
Pointless!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I brought my 2019 RRS ATB to the dealer on Monday for the cellular connectivity issue and they were able to fix it. I was told they did a hard reset of the telematics system, which required connecting to JLR's systems/servers and was not something an owner/user could do. They then updated the telematics software - it was upgraded from version 14.2 to version 19.2 - and were then able to connect to the AT&T network. I picked it up today and all internet connected services in the car are working as they should.

One weird thing I noticed before bringing the car in was the telematics software version was not always visible in the "software update" screen. Sometimes it was just blank. Something was clearly wrong with the telematics system and software and I can't believe I had such an outdated version. Anyway, it's fixed (for now) - hope it stays that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts