RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey strange symptom I'm having. I hear a subtle hissing sound from my HVAC coming through the vents, it goes for 8-10 minutes, then stops for a couple minutes, then begins again. i noticed it at all times, and just now it was set at 72, no recirc, and fan down to one bar. So it wasn't an automatic thing. The only code she has thrown was that the driver's side blend door motor that i'm still hoping someone can tell me how deep in the dash I'd have to go.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Re: internal HVAC hissing, then cycles off, then starts again

If i press the right combination of buttons mine sounds like a jet engine. And I can make that jet engine go faster when I turn up the fans :lol: . Do you have the ability to record the sound so we can hear it? Might help with diagnosis if there is a problem.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Re: internal HVAC hissing, then cycles off, then starts again

Does it come from broth sides of the car? Turn the ignition on (don't start the car) , manually set the interiorfans on "4". Try to remove the center air vent (simply pull is out using a flat screwdriver - and gently steady hand - and out it comes.... also try to remove the comers for the pollen filters and remove the filters as wel - making the airflow easier - it may help you locating the sound - then manually direct the air using the buttons below the display on the climatecontrol - also try to change the air temperature from side to side - I would guess that this might help you a bit locating the hissing

- I had a strange sound years ago in another car - turned out to be a tiny leaf the hit the fan occasionally - I'm not saying that this is the case here - but you never know....

Let us know when you find out what it is!!

Ferdinand

1 - 4 of 4 Posts