RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone is going to read this, but on the off chance....good day to you. :) I'll try to be as brief as I can here but I could do with some advice from people far more mechanically minded than I am! I have a 2006 Range Rover Vogue (4.4 petrol). Had it for 3 years. Every now and again, when going around a right hand bend at fairly low speed there is a grinding noise coming from the front nearside wheel. It only lasts for a few seconds, the car seems to lose power briefly and an amber light shows on the dashboard..a circle with triangle and a "!" symbol within. Like I say, it all goes back to normal within a few seconds. The car only passed it's MOT today so I'm guessing it's probably not a wheel bearing or the garage would have at least mentioned it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Several things come to mind. CV, wheel bearing, or broken axle shaft.
Since you passed MOT, I’ll rule out the brakes unless they missed that.

Sent from my iPhone X

·
Registered
929 Posts
ABS activating momentarily maybe? Could be a wheel speed sensor or the wire going to it going bad on the front right wheel, check the condition of the wheel speed sensor wiring, check for chafing on the jacket of the wires.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the same issue, it happens rarely though. You will notice that it always does it at the same places. I was told by an indy here in venezuela that its quite common and is due to the surface of that bend. It causes the terrain response to act (adaptive dynamics).
I myself hate it when it happens. If it were a true fault it would be always present, but with me its only on certain bends. One that comes to mind is a sharp uphill left hand bend and the surface is cement with horizontal grooves (for grip, as it often wet). Once the wheels touch the tarmac surface the fault goes away.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts