RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, new to the forums and to RR. Just picked up a 97 Vitesse and will be pretty active on here over the next few months getting her in shape. I learn very quickly and have been working on german cars and Italian motorcycles for years. So...yes, i must really hate myself. :twisted:

First issue is this: On the maiden voyage i had the dash lights, front windows, radio, CC, and more go out on me. Dash indicated failure on fuse 8, 9, 10, 20, 22.
After some searching i discovered this thread: https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/7-range-rover-mark-ii-p38/46316-help-fuse-8-9-10-20-22-failed.html

However, unlike this guy...my MF5 was fine. 100 miles later (yes it made it that far) everything springs back to life! Hooray...probably a loose ground...my favorite. Then started up this morning, same thing...all out again.

My question is...where do i START chasing this one down. Behind radio? Passenger seat fuse box? Main fuse box?

(also...whats this RAVE thing everyone is talking about?)

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
RAVE is the factory shop manual it is the first thing in the FAQ stickie above that says **START HERE**. :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
2,310 Posts
Those fuses are all fed directly from MF5 so if that is good you will be looking at a failing under bonnet fusebox or bad connection from the underside of that fusebox to the BeCM (which is the thing that incorporates the fuse panel under the seat). There's 3 heavy cables coming off the bottom of the fusebox that go onto terminals on the side of the BeCM to feed power to the rest of the car, it'll be the Brown/Pink one. Forget all about looking for things like a loose ground wire. A loose ground will cause a problem but almost everything is fed via the BeCM as that does the control for all body electrics. For instance, when you turn the light switch on, it doesn't supply power to the lights, it sends a signal to the BeCM and that supplies power to the lights.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,422 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts