RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Range Rover Classic
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know door locks have been discussed at length on this forum, but I couldn't find something with this specific problem. The power door locks on mine used to work fine, but lately (couple weeks) I have noticed that the passenger side has become intermittent. About 70% of the time, all four locks behave as normal, and 30% of the time, only the two driver's side door locks will respond. Is this a sign that the control module is going out?

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,480 Posts
Could be. I’ve gone thru 3 modules due to a leak that keeps dripping on the module and shorting the pcb. It could also be a bad actuator in front. What year is your rig?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1989 Range Rover Classic
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'89. Where is the module located that it gets dripped on?

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,480 Posts
On my ‘95 RRC, it’s under the front dash, passenger side. Check RAVE/ETM for 89.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know door locks have been discussed at length on this forum, but I couldn't find something with this specific problem. The power door locks on mine used to work fine, but lately (couple weeks) I have noticed that the passenger side has become intermittent. About 70% of the time, all four locks behave as normal, and 30% of the time, only the two driver's side door locks will respond. Is this a sign that the control module is going out?
On my 1990 & 1992 the Door Control module is (USA) drivers side, as if your sitting in the drivers seat its above your left knee - behind the panel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts