RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
intermittent chirping fan squealing near battery 2004 L322 TD6

Hi everyone after purchasing a used td6 recently I was told about two issues with the car. Im trying to rectify these this one being a sort of fan squealing or bearing noise from near/behind the battery. Its not all the time but more noticeable when cold.

Im scrolling through the forums but cannot ascertain what it is its defo a fan noise and other posts mention the pre heater.

What fan is near this location. Can I service / replace it and anyone out there who has encountered this issue

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
494 Posts
Re: intermittent chirping fan squealing near battery 2004 L322 TD6

It's the ECU fan inside the big electronics box under bonnet. The one with the ten or so Allen key screws around the perimeter. The part is YQO000030G (Genuine Part) about $150 buck (CDN). Very easy to change try a you tube search I have seen a video out there when I was looking for something else. This is a comman failure on the L322. If you can tolerate the intermittent squealing you can leave it if it is cold where you are. It cools the electronics inside the sealed box. It's at the very bottom and requires three Philips screws to be removed to replace it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: intermittent chirping fan squealing near battery 2004 L322 TD6

I just had to oil my fan with wd40

the top of the fan plastic cap comes off and I sprayed oil in there on magnets just be careful not to get the electronic board wet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts