RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Got a small problem. My front left indicator sometimes goes out and when I signal left it speeds up as they do. Sometimes it works fine however. I have tried moving the connection terminal but it doesn't seem to be the problem.

Any advice? Is there anything else that can cause this?

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Registered
641 Posts
For the type of connector used on the indicators its not unheard of , and has certainly been my experience across a number of LR's, that even though the connector is clipped in properly, the actual metal contacts just dont seem to make a good contact, and so you get an intermittent signal.

The simple solution which has worked for me every time is to unplug the connector and ever to slightly bend the male pins of the coupling so that they are slightly pointed towards the metal contacts on the female connector ( you'd need to suss out which way to bend them ). It doesn't need to be much, but just enough to force a stronger contact between the metal.

The same happened on my front drivers indicator a few months ago.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for your help. Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you and say thanks. I've been super busy. I have taken it out and mucked around with it and it turned out to be the bulb holder and one of the connections to the side of the bulb.

Regards,
Damo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts