RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1997 P38, whenever im running on bumpy roads loses power, the revs come down, and it runs back on again, causing to backfire, this does not happen in good flat roads. Last week i fix my alternator, i changed the ball bearings and some internals of it (voltage regulator).

One of this backfires resulted in a blown silencer. Sometimes a message of Gear Problems apppears .

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
550 Posts
You are not getting fuel starvation are you? There is a little chamber in the fuel tank with a one-way valve to hold the fuel level steady going to the pump. With our flat tanks and a not so full one can cause the fuel inside to move around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems to get worst as the fuel tank dries, gonna test it with full tank, but it only stalls on bumpy roads or potholes even little ones. Thanks for then reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just got a call from the repair shop,it look like it was a bad ground, somehow the electric harness was loose, the truck seems to work fine in this afternoon test, tomorrow will check if Sport Mode of the transmission is working again as it was not responding either.

Thanks for your interest and replies.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
550 Posts
kmagnuss said:
I'm friggin awesome. :clap:
He figured out a way to top post when no ones looking :think: .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts