RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my 2007 range rover now for almost a month. In the past month on several occasions it fails to start. I put the key on all the dash lights comes on but wont start, no clicking no nothing. I turn the key a bunch of times back and forth eventually it will start. Old lady says lights flash in front when it doesnt want to start. I bought the vehicle it came with a viper alarm system that is disconnected but idk if that is it or factory alarm or ? The key fob doesnt work so idk what the problem is. Thank you

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,191 Posts
It's not factory, the RR comes with its own internal alarm system. Once one of those have been installed its a crapshoot if the aftermarket alarm (maybe a remote starter) is the issue, or its the truck itself. But since the lights flash when it won't start it seem like the Viper system is atleast partially active, because a stock RR won't do that. Which FOB doesn't work, the stock RR one, or some Viper aftermarket one? The RR one can be resync'ed to the truck pretty easily theres a million threads on how to do it takes about 5 minutes if that. Who knows about the Viper one if that what your talking about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neither remote actually works. I took the lower panal off under the steering wheel to see if the viper box was there and someone cut the box out of the viper alarm. There is wires there. When a install of the viper alarm, do they deactivate the RR alarm? How do I cycle the rr key fob?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,191 Posts
Initialisation Procedure

1 Ensure the vehicle is unlocked and the driver and front passenger doors are closed.

2 Install a key/remote handset in the ignition switch, then turn the ignition switch to position I and back to position
0 in less than 5 seconds to put the BCU into the initialisation mode. Continue the procedure within 30 seconds
of turning the ignition switch to position 0.

3 Remove the key/remote handset from the ignition switch.

4 Press and hold the unlock button for a maximum of 15 seconds. During this time, momentarily press the lock
button three times within 10 seconds.

5 Release both buttons.

6 Successful initialisation is indicated by the BCU locking then unlocking the vehicle. If this does not occur, repeat
step 4.

7 Repeat steps 4 and 5 with all other remote handsets belonging to the vehicle (4 maximum). Begin the
initialisation of each remote handset within 30 seconds of completing the previous initialisation, or the BCU will
drop out of the initialisation mode and the complete procedure will have to be started again.

When your done with all your keys put the key in the ignition switch, turn it to position 1 and then back to position 0 and remove it to complete the process. Check all your fobs. Personalization settings (radio, heat seat and steering wheel positions are controlled by the sequence you sync the key. 1 FOB programmed belongs to driver 1, 2nd one goe with driver 2, etc. Be prepared for your seat and steering wheel to move and radio settings to change as you cycle thru the different FOBs.

This just programs the FOBs for door lock and unlock and personalization settings, doesn't have anything to do with starting the car. Starting the car requires the chips in your individual keys to be matched to the immobilizer unit in the console. Thats dealer only (and about a 3 week wait to get the new chip from the UK), or a locksmith that can clone one of your existing keys assuming you have on that works. That Viper box probably had a spare key and or immobilizer chip installed in it somehow to get around the built in immobilizer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts