RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been unsuccessful in locating a replacement interior wood trim kit for my 95 County LWB. Actually all I need is the shifter surround / console panel.

Anyone have a good used (not drilled) panel that they would part with?

Do any suppliers in England still offer these ?

Thanks to all !

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
181 Posts
Mine is trashed, a victim of the desert dryness. The wood shrinks more than the veneer coating and breaks off in big chips. The 66 S Type Jaguar suffers the same but not as badly because the coating was more flexible in those days.

I've looked at all of the traditional wood replacers and found nothing.

I'm thinking of taking it all out and doing something industrial like a black rubber coat or such. I'll admit that influence came from the Brit Rover forum where they drive thru rivers everyday! `)

My Rover is a highway cruiser that might, occasionally jump a curb at the convenience store. Never ever see snow and seeing decidely less rain this past decade....

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Watch wheeler dealers XJS restore and see how they redid the trashed wood. And do this. Fixes it forever

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hi Doc Leo, i'm citing my ignorance here, but where and what is wheeler dealers? I'm really interested in this as my recently bought 95 lse has been badly sunburnt!

·
Registered
64 Posts
You Tube "wheeler dealers". I have watched most of them. Its a bit elementary, but they flip some really cool old vehicles. (I couldn't part with a Lancia Delta if I ever found one)

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
You Tube "wheeler dealers XJS" they are complete morons but that was a neat trick for wood work.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
67 Posts
Try e-mailing them or calling them.

I did recently on an NLA listed part and they had one in stock, it was the last one.

Its worth a try!

Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts