RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does one remove interior trim on the L494? I’d like to remove the center console and the side vents to polish them.

·
Administrator
27,799 Posts
I would be surprised if anyone has done so yet. Sign up for TOPIx, get a one day subscription and print out the sections you want to pdf.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What exactly is TOPIx? I see it’s directly through JLR, so is it the full workshop manuals that the techs use? Meaning full step by step and diagnostic instructions for just about everything?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TOPIx is killer! I paid for an hour subscription just to see what it’s all about. I wish it was a touch more intuitive, but other than that, it’s excellent. I found a step by step on how to remove that trim. Once i got it off, I attempted to polish it with Plast-X and Scratch-X, but neither could do the job. I’ll try my polisher and Meguiars 205 next. I’ll keep updating here, i know most of these out there are pretty scratched up.

And back to TOPIx, of course i dug through some other stuff. Cool to see we have dual intercoolers and a dedicated cooling circuit for the SC. Shares the overflow with the engine cooling, but it’s independent otherwise. Pretty bad-ass.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
297 Posts
TOPIx is killer! I paid for an hour subscription just to see what it’s all about. I wish it was a touch more intuitive, but other than that, it’s excellent. I found a step by step on how to remove that trim. Once i got it off, I attempted to polish it with Plast-X and Scratch-X, but neither could do the job. I’ll try my polisher and Meguiars 205 next. I’ll keep updating here, i know most of these out there are pretty scratched up.

And back to TOPIx, of course i dug through some other stuff. Cool to see we have dual intercoolers and a dedicated cooling circuit for the SC. Shares the overflow with the engine cooling, but it’s independent otherwise. Pretty bad-ass.
Don’t know if you’re into carbon fibre?
But you can wrap it and put the trim pieces back on. I did this back in the day with my other car. Turned out really nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So how did you remove the console trim?
I've been unsuccessfully trying to post the attachment for 2 days now. Im using a Macbook, and when i go to attachments, it opens a new tab that's blank. Last attempt tomorrow from my work computer... ugh :x

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Poof... it was magic! :lol:

Pssst.... I think you forgot something...
Same thing on my work computer. Maybe i am still restricted since i am a new member? I can put up a picture, but not an attachment. When i hit 'manage attachments', it pops up a new tab, but it's blank. Did that on my Macbook, my cell and my work PC....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, the attachment feature on this site leaves something to be desired. maybe post to imgur or some other site and just share the link here?
Here are snapshots from my cell. The last one is by far the most important. Dont be like me and ignore reading the note about the clips. Only took me 30 mins to figure it out. Then i read it here and was like... duh!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts