RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so - i'm looking at a bunch of cars - this one being the current favorite. i see this issue on ALOT of rovers - these grey trim pieces getting all crapped up. does anyone know how to remove them (easily) so that i can either completely strip them and/or repaint them?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
They just pop when you pull them. Very easy to replace or paint. They are about $85 each to replace though...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey guys, thanks a bunch. that's not bad at all. I/ve had some trim issues with my other cars and i nearly had to gut the darn thing just to get a stupid piece of plastic out. then to replace them was in the hundreds!!!! i was afraid i was in for another one of those situations...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Quiet Simply.....Speaks to how the car was cared for.....True Range Rover owners feel that their vehicles are sacred and take care of them to the Nth degree.

I'm sure if you look at other facets of the vehicle, you will find other cosmetic and functional flaws. I Have seen mid 90's Rovers that are flawless and I have seen ones that need to go to the scrap yard.

In My opinion, Your picture speaks volumes to how the car was cared for. Just my .02.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
560 Posts
Yes it is true if you take care of the car these pieces shouldn't fake on their own, unless you hit them with something. They are all easy to replace except for the cover on the rear of the center console.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
roverboy said:
Yes it is true if you take care of the car these pieces shouldn't fake on their own, unless you hit them with something. They are all easy to replace except for the cover on the rear of the center console.
why-- what's the deal with that piece? i've seen afew rovers with flaking on that piece...

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
560 Posts
Well the rear cover you have to take the whole center glove box apart. I have found the pieces actually look better and resist clipping when you rub them with with some leather protectant. Just what I have noticed.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts