RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tried some of the suggestion of paint for the interior flaking. One was to dark and one was too silvery. So I combined the two by spraying the rustoleum metallic soft iron color then immediately giving it a light spray of duplicolor ms200 metal specks and voila, almost a perfect match! Let me know what ya think. I just did the cup holder.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It looks a lot silvery-er in the pic. I think I might try a little less silver? In person it's hard to tell that it's been repaired.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$13 bucks should get me around 6 resprays! Shouldn't have to do it again since I sanded and plastic primed!

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
122 Posts
looks better to me, factory is dull

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
116 Posts
I also found the paint to be a bit dark. And here in Australia it took a lot of finding, so I was a pit peeved when it came up so dark. But when I ordered the paint I also purchased the silver metallic from same manufacturer and type of paint. Base coat of the dark and then two lighter coats of silver over the top, and it's so close to factory even I cant tell the difference.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
80 Posts
I'll try this again. Do you know what plastic primer you used? I want to paint the shifter surround on my RR, but I'm unsure about the type of Primer that will be best.

Thanks,

Lou

1 - 10 of 10 Posts