RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i decided to overhaul the interior of my vehicle seeing the aging beige no longer gets clean and is fading.Here are some photos , the plan is to hand stitch the seams and have a classy finish when i'm done.

Everything was beige but it is slowly turning into crimson brown with a hemmed seam overlay with touches of piping.
More photos to follow.Iwill also be stitiching my seat bases with memories foam inserts.The land rover brand and options are not acceptable given the choices and the cost.

Getting the ceiling leather perforated and will eventually get rid of the carpet to be replaced with crimson leather with a padded sound shield underlay.
IMG_1974.JPG IMG_1964.JPG IMG_1967.JPG IMG_1965.JPG IMG_1968.JPG

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,950 Posts
wow what a job ,
you might be better off just buying an autobiography,
they come in those colors you have chosen

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The autobiography(LWB) currently starts at $142 k. but yes you have a valid point , i do plan on buying an autobiography but i am also researching a business opportunity to serve those attached to their old vehicles like me.. the car runs strong even with the high mileage.

If this revamp is successful there may be a packaged revamp service available to land rover owners that is fairly priced compared to the dealers choice.
There appears to be a need for after miarket LR interiors given the lack of no "fairly priced service providers" availability

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
215 Posts
The autobiography(LWB) currently starts at $142 k. but yes you have a valid point , i do plan on buying an autobiography but i am also researching a business opportunity to serve those attached to their old vehicles like me.. the car runs strong even with the high mileage.

If this revamp is successful there may be a packaged revamp service available to land rover owners that is fairly priced compared to the dealers choice.
There appears to be a need for after miarket LR interiors given the lack of no "fairly priced service providers" availability
Very interested where you purchased the leather you are using to recover your interior. It matches very well the factory tan color. I'm actually thinking of covering a few pieces in the trunk to match my tan interior.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Talk to your upholstery shop, mine has gotten me leather in small quantities for my Discovery’s hand brake and low range levers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The leather was given to me therefore i cannot give you a llink or location to buy however, look up any upholstery shop and they should be able to match the color and quote you a price for the quantitiy you seek.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The "tuscon spice" on this link is what i found to be a close match to what i have in this leather store , check them out. It ain't cheap but i hope it helps you out.

https://www.leatherhidestore.com/tucson-spice-leather-hides.html

Very interested where you purchased the leather you are using to recover your interior. It matches very well the factory tan color. I'm actually thinking of covering a few pieces in the trunk to match my tan interior.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
215 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts